Senior National Account Manager CanadaBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30080093 City Vaughan State Ontario Country Canada
Location:LOC13033 340 Four Valley Drive,Vaughan,Ontario,L4K 5Z1,Canada
Senior National Accounts Manager – Kidde Canada – a Division of Carrier Fire Safety and Security
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems, leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
The Fire and Security group at Carrier develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people, and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems, mobile applications, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide, and smoke detectors, and fire suppression systems. Among its leading brands are LenelS2, Supra, Onity, Kidde, Fenwal, and Marioff, offering robust security and life safety systems, affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions, and fire safety equipment and systems.
Role Overview: Managing top National Accounts in Canada the responsibilities of this job include working with sales and marketing groups to provide action plans for achieving price integrity, margin enhancement, and well-coordinated project execution and growth within the assigned channel, by performing the following duties. Emphasis is placed on the execution of strategic sales and marketing goals at the retail level.
- Generate support for sales promotion, evaluates promotional opportunities, and make recommendations for high potential programs within the assigned region
- Gathers data from the market, and communicates recommended adjustments to Kidde’s assortment within the assigned account responsibility
- Actively participates in strategic planning, process improvement, and problem resolution across functions
- Coordinates efforts with Regional Merchandising Managers, District Managers, and other key decision-makers in the field
- Maximizes sales potential by coordinating efforts to educate store personnel, maintain point-of-purchase displays, and perform service activities.
- Manages third party Brand Ambassador Team for event execution and other POS focus driven activities
- Provides creative direction into POP design for the development and production of innovative POP materials.
- Manages a portfolio of Retail and Pro merchants. Builds on key account relationships and manages THD
- Effectively collaborates monthly or as required with internal US account stakeholders. Builds strong relationships within our Trade and Customer Experience Marketing Teams
- Identifies and captains Kidde’s efforts within adjacent customer brand and product knowledge programs
- Researches and provides opportunities that will expand product-specific marketing, and promotional programs for regional implementation.
- Coordinates cross-functionally with the Kidde team to ensure successful and effective events, branding campaigns, product launches, and signage.
- Analyzes pricing and product offerings with “best-of-class” industry and channel benchmarks and provides proactive action plans and proposals to ensure continuous improvement in POG, sales, and margin performance for both our customers and Kidde.
- Performs other duties or projects as needed.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: Degree/Equivalent Experience
- Location: Office time is split between our Canadian Vaughan office and your remote home office setting.
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Language Ability: Exceptional interpersonal and communication skill sets required. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and through written material with upper management, customers, agencies, sales representatives, exhibit companies, trade show convention companies, and colleagues. French as a second language would be an advantage
- Daily: Excellent analytical skill set required. Ability to work autonomously in a pressure sales environment. Known as a team player. You are a self-motivator with a positive attitude.
- Experience: 7-10 years of National Account experience. Extensive experience with Home Depot and Home Hardware preferred. A proven track record of delivering margin accretive top-line sales commitments while fostering solid customer relationships. Your ability to clearly articulate your successful CPG legacy sales strategy is a requirement.
Position Requirements: For an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, he or she must meet the expectations that are listed below.
- The employee is regularly required to sit for extensive periods of time.
- The employee is regularly required to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time, which may cause minor eyestrain or discomfort.
- The employee is required to travel both airs and by car occasionally both in the US and Canada 20% of the time. There could be potentially some seasonal weekend work
- The employee is occasionally required to lift items up to 50lbs.
- A valid driver’s license and clean abstract are required
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice