Project ManagerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30111050 City Richardson State Texas Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAT16: CCS-Dallas, TX 1901 Glenville Dr, Richardson, TX, 75081 USA
Carrier is the leading global provider of healthy, safe and sustainable building and cold chain solutions with a world-class, diverse workforce with business segments covering HVAC, refrigeration, and fire and security.
Spot Coolers a wholly-owned subsidiary of Carrier rents and sells commercial portable air-conditioning and heating solutions nationwide helping customers stay up and running.
- Management of large portfolio projects following project processes direct Carrier personal and subcontractors. When required provide direction to assisting Project Engineers
- Complete projects per the contractual requirements within budget, on-time and with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of assigned projects including project planning, billing, revenue forecasting, A/R collections and re-estimating costs of installation projects.
- Manage the delivery of the contracted scope and secure change orders for the expansion of scope
- Coordinate project materials and the use of shared resources; identify resource constraints, and assist with corrective action plans to remedy any issues
- Manage relationships with sub-contractors, identifying issues, and take corrective action plans to remedy any issues
- Perform “actual vs. estimated” analyses and identify variances, reasons for variances, and mitigation steps
- Maintain budget or reduce cost, maintaining client satisfaction
- Maintain positive cash flow through approved SOV, follow up on billings
- PROJECT SCHEDULING
- Plan manpower and know when resources are required on the project.
- Create a working schedule and proactively plan and protect our contractual timelines.
- SUBCONTRACTOR MANAGEMENT
- Schedule continuous site visits to quality check our subcontractor
- Be able to provide installation and schedule direction
- Document all installation/schedule issues with subcontractor
- COMMUNICATION AND DOCUMENTATION
- Provide necessary documentation and communication to all customer levels and sub-contractors and/or ensure that the appropriate members of the project team do so.
- Professionally represent Carrier in meetings and always be proactive in defending the company’s best interest.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years Project Management experience
Other qualifications you may have that would be beneficial in this role include:
- AA/AS degree
- Technical certification with 5+ years in mechanical/electrical industry experience
- Certifications in one of the following:
Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certified Construction Manager (CCM) AMA Certified Professional in Management.
- Self-starter, be able to organize and plan your work schedule
- Work well in a team environment
- Strong problem solving, planning and project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, Access
- Years reading and understanding scope of work
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Project financial reporting
- Years Prior experience in Construction, HVAC and/or Building Automation required
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice