Your HVAC Technician Journey Begins Here
When you become a Carrier Commercial Service Technician, you become part of a dedicated and skilled team that delivers groundbreaking systems and services for customers of all industries. The Carrier brand represents world-class quality and performance and warrant the industry’s top technicians. If you love playing to win, fixing what others can’t, continuously learning and solving problems and owning the pride and legacy of over 100 years in the industry, then Carrier is the place for you!
Plant Operator URIBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30123821 City Kingston State Rhode Island Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAR04: NOR URI University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI, 02881 USA
We are looking for an experienced operator for the University of Rhode Island at their steam heating plant. The plant consists of 4 B&W water tube boilers that provide heating and dehumidification to the campus, along with all associated ancillary equipment. The boilers are capable of firing on both natural gas and #2 fuel oil. Plant operators provide for overall safe operation of plant equipment in the operating spaces to achieve optimal plant availability, productivity and personal safety.
- Operate all plant equipment and systems in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain plant and operating equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Record reading and logs required to ensure proper operation of plant equipment.
- Install, repair and maintain mechanical, electrical, electronic and pneumatic equipment including metering, instrumentation and controls.
- Maintain records on equipment.
- Able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to work a rotating shift schedule, 12 hour shifts, work 3 days, off 3 days, work 3 nights, off 3 days.
- Able to work in the heat, cold, noisy environment, climb and go down ladders, lift 50lbs using proper ergonomic techniques, and be able to wear all associated PPE.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma
- At least 3-5 years operational experience or equivalent
- Be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must have practical knowledge of plant mechanical and electrical equipment and mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Must have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Be able to abide by all Noresco policies, including zero tolerance on alcohol and drug use in the workplace
- Ability to use computers and software including excel and word.
Pay Range:$30.98 - $40.11 per hour
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice