QA - Sr. Lead EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30066838 City Hyderabad State Telangana Country India
Location:Building No: 12C, Floor 9,10,11, Building No: 12B -Stilt floor, Raheja Mindspace, Cyberabad, Madhapur, Hyderabad - 500081, Telangana, India
Job Title: Senior Lead Engineer – QA
Working in a multi-disciplinary/cross-functional product team verifying the new product introductions and maintenance releases as specified. Take initiative to design and execute the optimal manual and automated testing approach by applying your test capabilities, domain knowledge, and inputs from other subject areas (development, validation, application, and marketing).
The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized, methodically professional, with the experience necessary to take our products to the next level concerning the accuracy, security, and safety. You will be charged with developing a complete Systems Integration and Test plans that not only safeguards the quality of our products but also fosters a “quality culture,” in which all engineers become actively engaged in guaranteeing quality in both production and the finished product
Reports to: Technology Manager
- Should be able to perform Test Automation and setting up frameworks on multiple application platforms like Web, Mobile, Desktop and Embedded.
- QA Engineer supporting the continued design, development, and quality delivery of Hardware & software applications for the Security domain products at Carrier
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand the product requirements and use cases in order to deliver high quality software/Firmware on schedule for production releases.
- Competent in test planning, test execution for functional, Integration and system testing.
- Must have a strong expertise of testing web-based, RESTful API calls and mobile (Android & iOS) applications
- Create and execute test plans and test cases based upon functional and product design specifications and report results as per QA policies and procedures.
- Help, define, promote, and ensure adherence to Quality assurance processes such as test plan reviews, defect management, risk/complexity analysis and regression test maintenance.
- Responsible for Not only the quality of the system but also in the way that it is released to customer.
- Should be driving the production support for faster customer response.
- Developing and review of Master Test Plan and implement the defined test strategy via automation
- Develop new testing technologies/methodologies to ensure the product quality is high
- Review of requirements and design documents from a test automation point of view
- Applying domain knowledge and regulatory rules (e.g. ISO.etc)
- Analyze, interpret, and report test results for both system integration and verification purposes
- Provide (pro-active) feedback to development and system design for bringing the Quality culture
- Contribute to improvements in test ware, supporting tools, and design verification process
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with development, validation, service, and manufacturing partners
- Define standard methodologies and train & guide engineers to maximize the value of test automation
- Very strong with testing techniques (e.g. unit, integration, system, user acceptance, etc.)
- Flexible to work on manual testing and automation based on business priorities.
- Supports and participates in the engineering processes (SDLC, tollgate, release management, etc.)
- Actively participate in the project planning process (e.g. estimates for project plan tasks, resources, completion time, capital requirements, risks, expenses, etc.)
- Relentless customer focus
- Quickly gains hands-on knowledge of product
- Gathers information about the customer from a variety of sources (customer themselves, Ops, Tech Support, Sales, Eng. Etc.)
- Provide customer perspective and product management vision to the delivery team
- Understands the various use cases of the product, including other systems integration provides value to the users
·Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 7 to 10 years of relevant testing experience in automation.
- Experience in testing database driven applications including data validation
- Experience in any programming\scripting language is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivating individual, able to plan and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills especially in leading tasks and activities.
- Team player mentality with strong facilitation/interpersonal skills and a demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts to a wide variety of cross-functional resources.
- Can handle multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
- Exchanges information with appropriate people to complete work.
- Experience with defect management tools, Agile tools
·Ethics: Drives ethical business practices in all areas of responsibility / geography
·Listening: Encourages others to engage in dialogue; good listener
·Communication: Articulate ideas effectively to establish oneself as a credible and impactful.
·Teamwork: Creates an environment in which people are involved, included, and have a sense of ownership.
·Analytical Thinking: Identifies root causes of problems, secures relevant information, and identifies possible solutions.
·Adaptability: Adjusts personally to high pressure, rapidly changing business conditions and uncertain business environments.
Staff reporting to this position: None
System Engineers and Architects
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice