Sr. Field Building Automation TechnicianBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30112093 City Centennial State Colorado Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAC11: ALC West CO 6665 South Kenton Street Suite No 205, Centennial, CO, 80111 USA
Carrier is the leading global provider of healthy, safe and sustainable building and cold chain solutions with a world-class, diverse workforce with business segments covering HVAC, refrigeration, and fire and security. We make modern life possible by delivering safer, smarter and more sustainable services that make a difference to people and our planet while revolutionizing industry trends. This is why we come to work every day. Join us and we can make a difference together.
About This Role
This position is for a Sr. Lead Field Technician in Aftermarket and Service who is under minimal supervision. Installs, tests, services and repairs complex equipment to conform to company operating specifications and customer requirements. Leads lower level staff to maintain and analyze equipment logs to identify equipment repair needs and required repair methods. Relies on moderate to extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks.
- Start up, commission, re-commission customer systems that utilize DDC technology.
- Provides solutions to mid-level systems problems either troubleshooting the system or assists others on how to resolve problems. Works with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation of mechanical systems.
- Complete all required commissioning documentation. Maintains accurate As-Built drawing package and marks changes.
- Completes paperwork on-time including time sheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation and project status reports.
- Responsible for total system operation from controllers to sensors, loading software. Set up trends, alarms and reports and works with customer IT personnel, etc. Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals and/ or a laptop computer.
- Performs mid-level static (stand-alone) commissioning of software programming.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system.
- Responsible for set up of operator workstations with all associated software.
- Responsible for performing job database backups on a daily basis or as advised.
- Assists with project turnover to the Service Department.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Tracks and records personal job progress and keeps Project Manager informed on progress. Reviews customer’s systems and, if needed, points out areas of improvement and scope issues to project manager. Keeps project management apprised of customer concerns and issues.
- Maintain a daily log of pertinent job related activities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience in the HVAC controls industry.
- Physical ability to climb ladders or use other lift equipment in excess of 8 feet above grade, and lifting items up to 50lbs
- Ability to travel in excess of 20% of typical workweek, including air travel, overnight hotel stays, and unexpected travel as well as participate in rotating on call schedule.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good understanding of building automation systems software to read, test and make changes to logic as needed.
- Able to create, download, and troubleshoot basic HVAC system logic using WebCTRL (preferred) and associated software.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networks including layout and troubleshooting.
- Able to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Basic experience with Microsoft software products to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Windows products when required.
Pay Range:$73,750 - $103,250 Annually
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice