System EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30081514 City Pittsford State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CALEN: LenelS2 Pittsford NY 1212 Pittsford - Victor Road , Pittsford, NY, 14534 USA
- Job Description - Professional Engineering Services: Systems Engineer
- Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems, leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
- The Fire and Security Products group at Carrier develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people, and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems, mobile applications, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide, and smoke detectors, and fire suppression systems. Among its leading brands are LenelS2, Supra, Onity, Kidde, Fenwal, and Marioff, offering robust security and life safety systems, affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions, and fire safety equipment and systems.
- The LenelS2 Systems Engineer is responsible for overseeing Professional Engineering Services (PES) projects from start to finish. The Systems Engineer will work on all types of engagements (software migrations, upgrades, planning sessions, deployments, and database conversions). This position will also be responsible for deploying, testing, and installing LenelS2 products. This position requires availability for travel with typical individual trips lasting between 3-5 days.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Provide high-level manufacturer product expertise
- Provide deployment services with our authorized VARs and End Users:
- System Design and Pre-planning
- OnGuard Enterprise System Architecture
- Software Installations
- Software Upgrades
- Implementation of Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Complex Installations
- Software Migrations
- Required Qualifications:
- 2+ years of technical software systems integration, systems engineering, or equivalent specialized experience as an individual contributor
- 2+ years of direct customer interaction (designing, developing, or supporting)
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to supported technologies.
- Outstanding customer service orientation. The candidate demonstrates the ability to develop strong, long-term customer relationships.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with SQL and relational databases, including Microsoft SQL Server and thin client environments.
- Background in providing technical solutions; ability to manage issues to a successful resolution.
- The ability to accurately interpret software requirements documents and scope of work modifications to determine the cost of such change is highly desired.
- Demonstrated customer relationship qualities.
- Experience writing technical documents
- Education Requirements:
- BA/BS degree with 2+ years experience
- Additional Job Description
- Additional Job Description
Pay Range:$68,750 - $96,250 Annually
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice