Category Manager – Wireless & TelecomBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30080337 City Palm Beach Gardens State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAF77: CCS - CIB 13995 Pasteur Blvd , Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33418 USA
Carrier Corporation is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager Wireless and Telecom within Carrier's supply chain organization. The category manager will be responsible for about $80M of global spending in wireless services and solutions, including software, services, and telecommunications.
This position will develop and implement a sourcing strategy for Wireless and Telecom Services in support of Carrier's long-term strategy, including improving efficiency, reducing risk, and increasing value.
- Provide strategic leadership and commodity oversight to maximize business value and results.
- Operational and spend analysis, development, and execution of annual sourcing strategies, supplier negotiations, supplier performance management & operational support.
- Negotiates or awards contracts within specified spending limits and develops new qualified sources of supply.
- Partners with internal clients and stakeholders to identify sourcing needs and improve sourcing strategy. Leading frequent meetings, project development, negotiation, and execution are key deliverables.
- Analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Develops a strategic plan for a commodity or a strategic supplier.
- Responsible for overall relationship with one or multiple strategic accounts across a given commodity.
- Leads sourcing process from RFQ to contract signature.
- Ensures supplier or commodity is performing to the designed requirements from delivery, quality, and cost perspective.
MA/MS degree with 3+ years experience (preferred); BA/BS degree with 5+ years experience.
5+ years experience in global supply chain management or business experience. 5+ years' leading cross-functional teams. Proven ability to exercise independent business judgment to drive strategy and results. Proven ability to lead a cross-functional team to achieve results through leadership & influence. Ability to excel in a dynamic environment. Ability to lead analysis and resolution of complex problems where success requires the evaluation of both tangible and intangible variables.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice