Commissioning Engineer -Engineer IIBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30047250 City New York State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN87: Dome Tech New York 90 Broad Street, New York, NY, 10004 USA
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
We have an immediate need for a Engineer II - Commissioning in New York City.
- Attend meetings with the design and construction team to review the project goals and schedule to assist with commissioning activities at appropriate times in the construction process
- Prepare final commissioning plan
- Review specifications and design documentation to ensure the systems can be properly commissioned and maintained
- Review project submittals for consistency with the design intent, basis of design and the owners project requirements
- Support the development of the commissioning verification sheets and test procedures
- Provide field verification through witnessing and testing to ensure project quality and adherence to design
- Facilitate issue resolution between multiple types of project team members: owners, engineers, facility operations staff, and contractors; Provide technical, communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively present findings and corrective actions to the client
- Prepare final commissioning report and systems manual
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage project budgets according to prescribed financial metrics
- Ensure client/customer satisfaction for tasks are performed
Education / Certifications
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Facilities); Combined work experience in facility management and construction may be substituted for BS in engineering
- CBCP from Association of Energy Engineers or Building Commissioning Association Certified Cx Professional preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in any one of the following areas are ideal candidates for positions in the commissioning field: Commissioning; Mechanical or Electrical Design; Construction Project Management; Control System installation or maintenance; HVAC testing and balancing; Facilities operations and/or maintenance
- Strong controls and instrumentation knowledge
- Proficient in MS Office software, especially with Excel spreadsheets
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and business relationships
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice