Mechanical Design EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30070608 City Mýto State Plzeňský kraj Country Czechia
Location:Plzeňská 601, 338 05 Mýto,, Czech Republic
Location: Mýto or Beroun
Contract type: full time
At Carrier we make modern life possible by delivering innovative and sustainable ground-breaking systems and services that matter for people and our planet. We exceed the expectations of our customers by anticipating industry trends, working tirelessly to master and revolutionize them. This is why we come to work every day. And we do it The Carrier Way.
Join us and we can make a difference together.
About the role
As the Mechanical Design Engineer for Carrier, you’ll prepare the construction list of components and the production documentation of new products and models according to the development plan. You’ll create material order for preparing prototypes and will lead end participate in preparing of prototypes. You’ll lead mech design ideas and concepts for new product developments by developing tech specifications, estimating project exp, capex and development time.
We are committed to offering competitive benefits programs for all of our employees and enhancing our programs when necessary.
- Enjoy your best years with our retirement savings plan
- Have peace of mind and body with our health insurance
- Spend more time with your family through parental leave and our holiday purchase scheme
- Drive forward your career through professional development opportunities
- Achieve your personal goals with our Employee Assistance Programme
We are looking for people who are creative, proactive, decision-makers, team workers and effective communicators. Ability to explain and defend technical solutions will help you a lot at this position as well as be goal oriented and have the can-do attitude. If this is you, get in touch!
As a minimum you must have:
- University education in mechanical engineering
- English and Czech language (daily use)
- Proven track of experience in a similar position in the field of development of sheet metal and plastic structures
- Practical knowledge of any 3D CAD system (Solid Edge is welcome)
Although not necessary, it would be nice if you have:
- Knowledge of German language
- Knowledge of working in SAP
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Participates in development of new products, prepares the construction document of these.
- Leads and participates in preparing of prototypes.
- Participates in farther development of products in the business branch.
- Contributes and participates effectively in operating of quality assurance system
- Organize meetings with other departments to illustrate modification for most relevant engineering changes.
- Support other department (Purchasing, Procurement, Quality, Manufacturing, Production, After Sales)
- Support Marketing and Carrier Sales Units about technical issues
- Designing ideas and concepts for new product developments
- Take part of cost reduction programs
Our commitment to you
Our greatest assets are the expertise, creativity and passion of our employees. We strive to provide a great place to work that attracts, develops and retains the best talent, promotes employee engagement, fosters teamwork and ultimately drives innovation for the benefit of our customers. We strive to create an environment where you feel that you belong, with diversity and inclusion as the engine to growth and innovation. We develop and deploy best-in-class programs and practices, providing enriching career opportunities, listening to employee feedback and always challenging ourselves to do better. This is The Carrier Way.
Join us and make a difference.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice