Regional Service EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30073065 City Lancashire State Lancashire Country United Kingdom
Location:Carrier Rentals Wigan (& Wellpointing), Unit 8 Cricket Street Business Park, Off Prescott Street, Wigan, Lancashire, WN6 7TP, UK
Working Hours 08:00 – 16:30 Monday – Thursday. Friday 15:30 finish
25 days Holidays plus stats (if you work bank holidays you get a day back and double time)
Christmas and new Year call out money doubled
Paid Sick Leave
We take the wellbeing of our staff and stakeholders seriously. During the Covid-19 pandemic, SLD Power & Pumps continues to ensure that our customer premises, assets and people remain safe and secure. Every SLD Power & Pumps employee will work within government guidelines to minimize interaction and maintain social distancing, on our own premises and beyond. To that end, our talent acquisition team and hiring managers will utilize phone and video interviewing to ensure candidates remain safe whilst receiving the best possible interview experience.
SLD Power & Pumps now has an opportunity for a Regional Service Engineer covering the North West of England. The main goal of this role is to provide a high level of customer service and mechanical solutions to ensure the goals of our customers are met.
What will I be doing as a Regional Service Engineer?
- Maintain and service plant equipment, specifically pumps and generators, ensuring all returned equipment is ready for re-hire.
- Service on-site equipment for a range of clients, ensuring all Health & Safety Procedures are consistently met.
- Respond to client call-outs, working on a 24 hour on-call service rota - this will include some working away and overnight stays as and when required.
- Providing Engineering Cover for other SLD Branches which will involve time spent away from home
To be successful in this role you will:
- Experience in a Service Engineer / Diesel Fitter / Mechanic role, preferably working with pumps and generators.
- Have worked within the field, amongst different sites/customers.
- Be confident and professional, consistently communicating a positive customer/client experience
- Hold a Full UK Driving License.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary and Overtime/Call Outs
- Service Vehicle
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, plus option to purchase additional days
- Pension scheme
- Benefits Central Platform hosting employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources
- Accommodation and welfare for time required to be away from home
More about us:
Creating solutions for people and our planet, our company values are our absolutes - RESPECT, INTEGRITY, INCLUSION, INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE. We work and win together, while never compromising our values.
SLD Pumps & Power (a Carrier company) is one of the UK's leading suppliers of pumps and generator rental equipment. We work closely with our customers to deliver turnkey rental solutions to suit their individual needs. From initial enquiry right through to delivery and installation, we offer a bespoke and fully comprehensive service and our customers and employees are central to everything we do. Across both pump and power solutions, SLD Pumps & Power can supply the right equipment and the right service both at the right time.
We welcome applications from talented Mechanics, Service Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Engineers, Pump Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Fitters and related disciplines who live within a commutable distance of Wigan
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice