The frontline of the Carrier organization, our dynamic sales teams help our customers achieve their goals with our robust portfolio of best-in-class products and services. From developing and nurturing relationships with our partners to providing critical feedback to enhance our solutions, our sales organization is growing to take Carrier to the next level.
What makes a successful member of the Carrier sales team? Check out some of the key competencies we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Technologically savvy
Job DetailsBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30079328 City Kennesaw State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG11: ALC Other HG 1025 Cobb Place Blvd, Kennesaw, GA, 30144 USA
Data Center Estimator
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems, leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
Automated Logic is a total energy solutions provider. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service. Automated Logic is a part of the Carrier Corporation.
The Data Center Estimator will be responsible for estimating projects, supporting sales activities, and promoting ALC solutions across the Data Center / Mission Critical vertical. This individual will provide accurate estimates and proposals in a timely manner. They will assist in closing opportunities by supporting the sales team with but not limited to sales calls, pre-bid meetings, site walk-throughs, and field surveys. If you are looking for a role that combines your technical skills, and passion for customers with an amazing team to support you, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated technical professional to promote innovative solutions for current and potential customers.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Review specification and control schematics.
- Create detailed scope letters and proposals.
- Provide clear documentation on estimates and proposals.
- Provide accurate estimates and proposals to minimize risk while providing the most cost-effective solution and meeting project deadlines.
- May assist the sales team with sales calls, pre-bid meetings, site walk-throughs, and field surveys.
- Provide backup support for quotes and deviations from specifications.
- Work closely with our operations and engineering team to provide the best solutions for our customers.
- Utilize applicable tools effectively (MS, CRM, estimating software, etc.).
- Assist with the selection of contractors through our dealers and branches.
- Multitasking with multiple ongoing projects, proposals, and estimates while maintaining customer deadlines.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five years of Sales, Engineering, or Project Management experience with
HVAC Controls are preferred.
- Experience in reading and understanding commercial blueprints.
- Detail orientated with strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong software skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
BS degree with 5+ years of relevant experience preferred.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.
- At Carrier, we work hard to build a culture where all employees are valued and everyone feels included.
- As a global company we seek to recruit, develop and promote our employees around the world valuing cultural differences, varied perspectives, background and experiences. We believe diversity and inclusion is a source of innovation.
- We contribute to the communities where we live and do business by actively partnering with community and philanthropic organizations locally and nationally. We believe in “doing the right thing” and are a respected member of the communities in which we operate.
Professional Development & Employee Scholar Programs
Learning never ends at Carrier. Whether at our company or at a Carrier-approved educational institute – we want you to be engaged in lifelong learning.
Flexible Work Arrangements
8-5pm isn’t for everyone. Carrier offers flexible work hours for eligible employees to help manage your work-life balance.
Retirement Savings Plan
We want Carrier employees to have tools available to prepare for retirement.
Employee Referral Program & Monetary Awards/Recognition
You know our culture and what it takes to work at Carrier – we want to reward you for helping identify top talent. As part of our culture, we also want to reward and recognize our colleagues for their excellent efforts and contributions.
We offer two leave benefits for new parents – moms and dads – Birth & Adoption Leave and Parental Leave.
Time Off and Additional Vacation Options
New employee receive (15) vacation days per year which increases over time at the company. Plus the option to purchase an additional (5) days through our Carrier Choice program.
Explore Job Location
View the map to see more information.Job Location