New Product Development (NPD) EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30063507 City Indianapolis State Indiana Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data-driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in addition to ad-hoc assignments as needed.
- Development of new heat exchanger technologies and for residential split system products
- Collaborate with lab technicians to complete performance testing, reliability testing, and agency testing requirements
- Evaluating material systems for manufacturability and reliability
- Partner with manufacturing to understand and translate design and process engineering requirements into product line design components, subsystems, and products
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Complete discrete tasks to meet design and project objectives
- Design thermodynamic system or subsystem with direct guidance
- Apply fundamental knowledge of Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials engineering
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Understands the fundamentals of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics
- Understands material science fundamentals
- Design of experiments and data analysis technique knowledge
- Experience with technical computing; Matlab, Modelica, or Python
- Proficient with Microsoft; Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences including cross functional team members, senior leaders, global suppliers, and external customers including service managers and technicians.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly
- Experience working in a team environment
- Organized with strong attention to detail
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice