Product Manager, ControlsBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30054034 City Houston State Texas Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CADTX: FS Det TX 10607 Haddington, Houston, TX, 77043 USA
Big megatrends – climate change, urbanization, growing middle class and digitalization – are changing the face of industry and, indeed, the planet. The corporate tagline “Change is in the Air” reflects Carrier’s vision is to bring forth the vitality of change through a worldwide, broad portfolio of leading technologies including expanded digital and services capabilities.
Carrier provides industrial equipment controls and solutions that help detect hazardous gas and flames, help mitigate fires, help protect lives and property and help ensure safe operation in high-hazard environments, including oil and gas, power generation, marine and offshore facilities, automotive, data centers, aircraft hangars and more.
Det-Tronics and Autronica are two strong business units within Carrier’s Industrial Fire Products and Solutions business. These two brands are collectively a multi-million $ business that are technologically innovative and have a global reach with manufacturing sites in Norway, the U.S. and sales presence around the globe.
Portfolio & Product Line Strategy
- Owns and drives the product lifecycle management and the P&L for Integrated Fire & Gas Detection Control System Solutions
- Identifies and partners with third party suppliers to expand our total solution offerings
- Ownership of product portfolio multi-year strategy development & execution. Partners across the organization to identify and prioritize the product roadmap to business objective attainment
- Collaborates with functional peers to define & secure resources necessary to support projects
- Ensures the appropriate mix of projects is active to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Prioritizes mix and scope of projects to maximize ROI for the organization
- Facilitates effective execution of the stage-gate product development process across teams
- Ensure project teams quickly reach decisions that help balance customer and business objectives.
- Translate product core benefits to inform successful go-to-market strategies
- Ownership of pricing strategy for assigned categories
- Work with cross-functional teams to actively upgrade, value engineering, and retire products
- Be critical about SKU proliferation and lead SKU rationalization
- Partner to ensure that training, marketing material, etc., communicate product value & differentiation in a compelling way
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Business-related from an accredited institution
- 5-7 years of related and successful work experience in new product development and product category management
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Knowledge of Industrial Automation and Control Systems (e.g. DCS, PLC, SIS, ESD), Certified Fire and Gas Safety Systems, Fire Alarm and Extinguishing Systems
Required Skills and Abilities
- Entrepreneurial and innovative product owner with a strategic mindset
- Ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of the organization
- An executive presence with polished and well-developed facilitation, written and oral communication skills, demonstrating creativity and technical expertise
- Assertive and confident with a strong point of view while able to understand/empathize and support other perspectives. Intent on building trusting and collaborative partnerships/relationships
- Significant experience developing product road maps and executing product development plans
- Well-versed in all aspects of product lifecycle management & development
- Demonstrated aptitude in leveraging human-centered design principles to deliver customer-focused products and solutions
- Strong business acumen, including a solid understanding of financial analysis methods
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice