Field EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30079475 City Harrisburg State Pennsylvania Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAP27: ALC- Harrisburg 6345 Flank Drive, Harrisburg, PA, 17112 USA
Possesses technical competence on all Building Systems and the ability to resolve or guide others through mid-level problem resolution. Customer interaction is thorough and proactive to include a complete understanding of systems.
- Startup, commission, and re-commission customer systems that utilize DDC technology.
- Provides solutions to mid-level systems problems, either troubleshooting the system or assisting others on how to resolve problems. Works with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Be able to provide turnkey project delivery on small projects (80 or fewer budgeted hours)
Unitary systems (VAV/FPB/FCU)
Basic CW/HW System
- Complete all required commissioning documentation. Maintains accurate As-Built drawing package and marks changes.
- Completes paperwork on time including timesheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation, and project status reports
- Responsible for total system operation from controllers to sensors and loading software. Set up trends, alarms, and reports and works with customer IT personnel, etc. Calibrates systems require basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals and/ or a laptop computer.
- Performs mid-level static (stand-alone) commissioning of software programming.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system.
- Responsible for setup of operator workstations with all associated software.
- Responsible for performing job database backups on a daily basis or as advised.
- Assists with project turnover to the Service Department
- Communicates with customers upon arrival and before leaving the worksite. Tracks and records personal job progress and keeps Project Manager informed on progress. Reviews customer’s systems and, if needed, point out areas of improvement and scope issues to the project manager. Keeps project management apprised of customer concerns and issues.
- Maintain a daily log of pertinent job-related activities
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a good understanding of systems software to read, test, and make changes to logic as needed.
- Able to create, download, and troubleshoot basic HVAC system logic using WebCTRL and associated software.
- Communicates issues with Project Manager on a timely basis.
- Good working knowledge with all WebCTRL software functions and utilities.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including wireless technology, layout, and troubleshooting.
- Must be well organized with good time management skills. This position requires excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Able to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Able to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical, and Electrical blueprints.
- Basic experience with Microsoft software products including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Windows products when required.
- Has a good working knowledge of Automated Logic hardware and software.
- Possesses an understanding of the operation and control of mechanical equipment and their control sequences.
- Possess computer and networking skills to properly maintain their laptop as well as experienced in the commissioning of Ethernet and ARC Net communications.
- Background in mechanical and HVAC system operation and design.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or Technical School in the HVAC industry with a minimum of 6 years experience or equivalent
- Experience interacting with a large and diverse number of simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of multiple disciplines.
- Possess and maintain a valid and current Driver’s License and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to travel in excess of 50%
- Field experience and an understanding of the installation and operation of Automated Logic Controls and the ability to understand/navigate third-party control systems and integrations.
- Some experience with Automated Logic and Phoenix software to include: WebCtrl, SiteBuilder, ViewBuilder, LogicBuilder, InterOp 3.02, Alert, Draw, EDB, Eikon, Supervision, and Accel Works.
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in excess of 8 feet above grade and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice