Product OwnerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30077292 City Edison State New Jersey Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CANJ2: Nlyte NJ 275 Raritan Center Parkway , Edison, NJ, 08837 USA
Technical PRODUCT OWNER – Job specification
As Product Owner, you will work closely with the CTO and our customers and partners to define new product features and enhancements for an off-the-shelf, enterprise software solution. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with the Engineering team to refine product feature release requirements and be the main point of contact for product ownership. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You will work with the Marketing Communications team to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning and key benefits. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the Sales team and key customers.
Managing the entire product line life cycle from conception to planning and driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, QA, and Marketing Communications).
Run planning, scrum, review, and retrospective meetings with the Engineering team as a Product Owner, prioritizing and clarifying product requirements to facilitate accurate estimation and rapid development of new features to meet requirements and achieve on-time development in full.
Manage the product backlog.
Work closely with the Engineering team, Marketing team, and CTO to develop a clear product roadmap that supports the company’s vision and customers’ and industry’s needs.
Have responsibility for the planning, coordination, and monitoring of feature enhancement for the product range ensuring that the products meet the needs of customers.
As the representative of internal and external customers, manage the product from inquiry through to acceptance, attaining high product quality to meet customer expectations.
Work closely with Sales Managers and key account customers to understand and jointly develop the customers’ product features. This includes maintaining product specifications to support the sales function.
- 2+ years of software product management/business analysis/ownership experience in an enterprise application management environment is nice to have.
- Experience with network management/monitoring is a strong plus.
- Willing to learn MQTT is a must.
- Experience with shell scripting is a strong plus.
- Experience with RESTFUL APIs or SOAP APIs is a strong plus.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or enterprise Agile/Scrum Product Owner experience is a strong plus.
This position will require occasional travel to customer and non-customer sites in America and Europe as required.
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with key internal contacts,
- A strong team player
- Presents self assertively
- Willing to challenge others and reacts positively to challenges to own thinking/judgment
- Highly innovative and thinks ahead to act decisively on opportunities or problems
- High levels of energy and drive to achieve challenging project goals in tight timescales.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice