Project Manager IIBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30077685 City Des Plaines State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAI29: NOR Chicago 2800 South River Road, Des Plaines, IL, 60018 USA
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is a Carrier company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Here is a look at the responsibilities for this position:
- Management and documentation of the bid process, including pre-qualifying subcontractors, developing bid packages and evaluating subcontractor bids.
- Negotiate best pricing and terms with subcontractors and vendors,
- Developing subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Prepare daily construction reports as well as monitor the status of the project to ensure NORESCO meets all contract related issues.
- Work with subcontractors and vendors to ensure that their closeout and O&M documents meet all NORESCO requirements.
- Generate and produce meeting minutes and appropriate correspondences required for contract compliance.
- Development and management of project schedules including organizing on-site construction activities.
- Interface with customers and supervise contractors on a daily basis and coordinate subcontractor access at owner’s facilities.
- Manage NORESCO purchased material and equipment by coordination, delivery, receive and inspection
- Witness and inspect subcontractor work for quality control, cost control, schedule and completeness.
- Coordinating, conducting and documenting inspections of work with the Owner’s representative to achieve a projects substantial and final completion.
- Must maintain high level of customer satisfaction. Responsible for onsite commissioning and close-out activities.
- Must be able to manage all aspects of the project with minor management supervision.
- Development of future projects by conducting the following: scope review, constructability, pricings and subcontractor site walks.
- Manage project managers and provide mentoring and advice based on previous experience. Risk analysis and decision making when it impacts constructability, budgets, and or savings.
- Development of project and subcontractor safety plans.
- Daily monitor and document subcontractor activities ensuring safety compliance.
- Read and comply with all NORESCO safety requirements and maintain a safe work environment at both the office and in the field.
- Preparation of project budgets and manage projects to within project budgeted amount.
- Track and approve subcontractor monthly invoices. Check and insure that they are accurate and comply with all NORESCO required information.
- Preparation of accurate monthly project financial projections for subcontractor monthly cost.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelors in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred
The following skills and attributes are preferred for this position:
- 5+ years of experience with management of Piping and Airside Mechanical systems, EMS, electrical and lighting construction projects or facility management projects.
- Experience with commissioning mechanical DDC systems.
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, and building automation systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- 75% travel.
- Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
- This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling
- Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice