Senior Marketing Application EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30074799 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN03: Carrier-Charlotte, NC 9701 Old Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
In 1902, Willis Carrier solved one of mankind’s most elusive challenges by controlling the indoor environment through modern air conditioning. His invention enabled countless industries, promoting global productivity, health, and personal comfort.
Today, Carrier innovations are found across the globe and in virtually every facet of daily life. We create comfortable and productive environments, regardless of the climate. We safeguard the global food supply by preserving the quality and freshness of food and beverages. We ensure health and well-being by enabling the proper transport and delivery of vital medical supplies under exacting conditions. We provide solutions, services, and education to lead the green building movement. These mark just a handful of the ways that Carrier works to make the world a better place to live, work and play.
Each day, the team at Carrier is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges in heating and air conditioning. In order to continue to maintain our role as global leaders, we are always looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join us. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you.
We are seeking an established Applications Engineer professional to join our Charlotte, NC team. You will assist field sales with rapid and accurate responses involving pre-sale support and activity and working with engineering and quality teams to a resolution of field problems. This is an exciting time to join our business as we begin to define the future of the organization. This role will have an influence on our product lines and our organization going forward.
Are you focused, driven, and passionate about innovating and developing improving products and systems? Are you willing to work in a dynamic work environment, communicate effectively with your partners, and be able to raise issues openly? Come and join the ranks of one of the world's most respected, fast-growing, and creative companies.
· Support the sales of assigned products by providing accurate and timely responses to pre-sales inquiries and by assisting with equipment selections by reviewing specifications, design documents, equipment schedules, and application criteria.
· Create, maintain, and update technical sales material, including product data, technical manuals, product bulletins, marketing brochures, application guides, technical presentations, and sales presentations.
· Perform presentations of sales and training material at sales offices, customer events, industry gatherings, and through webinars and recorded sessions.
· Process customer engineered to order (ETO) requests by working across multiple disciplines to review, document, and generate pricing for customer requests.
· Work with Product Manager to perform competitive and market analysis, collect sales office and customer feedback for assigned products. Assist with planning and implementing product updates and new product releases.
· Maintain selection software and pricing systems, and work across multiple disciplines to implement corrections, updates, and new product releases in the selection software and pricing systems.
· Support pre-sale customer visits to the Carrier factories including meeting with customers and making presentations
· Interprets specifications and discusses with sales personnel, vendors, and Carrier engineering staff
Education / certifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree, Mechanical Engineering or other technical fields
· 3+ years of related experience
· Experience with commercial chilled water units
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite
· Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
· HVAC industry experience, preferred
· Strong analytical thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to coordinate across multiple functions, maintain composure in high-pressure situations, and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice