Mgr FP&A - HVAC HQBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30069784 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN05: CCS-Charlotte, NC 5900 Northwoods Business Pkwy, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
In 1902, Willis Carrier solved one of mankind’s most elusive challenges by controlling the indoor environment through modern air conditioning. His invention enabled countless industries, promoting global productivity, health and personal comfort.
Today, Carrier innovations are found across the globe and in virtually every facet of daily life. We create comfortable and productive environments, regardless of the climate. We safeguard the global food supply by preserving the quality and freshness of food and beverages. We ensure health and well-being by enabling the proper transport and delivery of vital medical supplies under exacting conditions. We provide solutions, services and education to lead the green building movement. These mark just a handful of the ways Carrier works to make the world a better place to live, work and play.
Each day, the team at Carrier is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges in heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, building automation, fire and security systems. In order to continue to maintain our role as a global leader, we are always looking for talented, ambitious individuals around the world to join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis to join the HVAC FP&A team located in Charlotte, global headquarters. The incumbent will gain an understanding of the realities of working in a global role, as a part of team who embraces continuous improvement, as we continuously evolve our operating model and position the business for rapid growth. You will serve as a key member of our headquarters Finance team working closely with our Finance senior leadership.
We want to speak with you if you are comfortable in a high-performing, fast-paced environment and can adapt quickly to produce meaningful outcomes, with unquestionable integrity and a commitment to quality.
Drawing on your experience and passion, we’re looking for a professional who is motivated to provide high caliber work on a global scale across multiple sub business units. You will be primarily responsible for actively supporting financial analysis and consolidation of the overall portfolio from a P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow perspective. The role will also have oversight for functional budgeting and interact with many areas of the business outside of FP&A (accounting, engineering, supply chain, operations). As we drive improved analytics and automation across the organization, this role will be crucial in actively participating in these initiatives, and most importantly, integrating improvements and new processes into the fabric of the day-to-day business to ensure long term sustainability. Having a passion for continuous improvement and creating best-in-class processes is essential for success in this role. You must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to reporting accuracy and detail. You will play a key role in providing guidance to functional or operational management on important financial issues and decisions. Therefore, the ability to work with data and know how to translate that data into meaningful analysis is crucial.
This is a great time to join the Carrier! Our culture is one of leadership, innovation and sustainability. Our global reach and strong commitment to employee engagement gives every member of the Carrier team opportunities to grow, learn and advance their careers.
KEY ATTRIBUTES: Financial acumen, communication, leadership, flexibility, passion, persistence
- Support analytics/automation projects across the HVAC organization from ideation to implementation
- Consolidate and report key internal analytics: sales, orders, pricing, working capital, installed base, etc. (type, regional, etc.).
- Develop financial analyses, forecasts, and plans to support long-term strategic business decisions of the organization.
- Provide support for senior executive presentations
- Support the consolidation, analysis, and reporting of monthly forecast and close. Consolidate information into company-wide financials statements and prepare for review with senior management.
- Financial reporting, analysis, budgeting, and annual planning, as well as preparation of action plans and recommendations for business and operational decisions for the HVAC portfolio.
- Development and analysis of functional budgets for the HVAC portfolio
- Evaluate monthly actual results for reasonableness / variance to Plan / Prior Year / Prior Estimate including partnering with BU finance leads to understand their financial performance.
- Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan.
- HFM maintenance, report creation, and consolidation
- Identify trends and improvement opportunities; suggest corrective actions for implementation.
- Lead the monthly analysis of actual results & deviations to forecast related to cash flow and balance sheet. Develop report formats and analytical models that assist in forecasting of Working Capital and Cash flow.
- Special projects and business unit support as needed
- Minimum 7 years in FP&A, Operations Finance, Strategy or 5 with a graduate degree
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required. Advanced degree in a relevant field (MBA) preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, reporting requirements, financial analysis techniques, and budgeting/forecasting processes, financial/cost analysis and budgeting/forecasting skills
- Strong analytical and spreadsheet development skills, along with prior advanced knowledge of financial consolidation systems (HFM preferred) and Excel
- Able to work with minimal direction and possess strong organization skills critical to achieve reporting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to work with fellow employees and senior management.
- Adaptable, detail-oriented and works well within a collaborative team
- Strong business acumen and creative problem solving skills
Carrier Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice