Associate Director, CML HVAC Product ManagementBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30081175 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN05: CCS-Charlotte, NC 5900 Northwoods Business Pkwy, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
- Manage internal product integration projects
- Drive revenue growth, profit margins, and market expansion with partners
- Develop and write Business Opportunity Proposals, Marketing Requirements Documents, and tollgate presentations for partnership offerings
- Provide partner product and market segment revenue forecasts and financial calculations, including Payback, ROI, and NPV.
- Analyze and evaluate domestic and international sales opportunities related to HVAC equipment.
- Collaborate with the creation of sales collateral and new partner product-specific introductions.
- Develop strategic vision and multi-year technology and product roadmap.
- Foster cross-function integration with ducted heating/cooling, indoor air quality, and control platforms.
- Research, develop and manage product modification projects from conception through launch.
- Evaluate projects through financial feasibility studies, market research, and planning.
- Develop competitive pricing strategies for new product introductions.
- Manage a team of professionals through a gated product development process.
- Research, develop and manage customer-focused applications, processes, and tools.
- Clearly articulate product features and value in public speaking events such as distributor, dealer, sales, and recruitment meetings.
- Differentiate and position products to ensure customer value and optimize business return.
- Provide leadership and development to a team of direct reports for the continued growth of product management talent and capabilities.
- Recommend and authorize pricing based on project details, market conditions, and established pricing guidelines.
- Provide price recommendations to Salesforce by analyzing regional market pricing and competitive bid information.
- Strategically participate in contract negotiations.
- Provide statistical reports to show how the pricing strategies impact profitability and sales volume.
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Marketing or related field with 10 years experience; or MS degree with 8 years experience.
- 8 – 10 years experience in HVAC Engineering &/or Product Management preferred, including proven success in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
- Passion for servicing customers. Ability to listen to customer needs and quickly act to solve their problems, provide quality solutions, and go above and beyond to exceed their expectations.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to pull data from multiple sources and synthesis it in both graphic and verbal format so that it is easily understood by the target audience.
- Proven ability to execute with speed and exhibit a bias for action mindset.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format across a wide audience.
- Ability to quickly identify new and innovative ways to work faster and simpler.
- Ability to think outside the box, innovate, take risks, and implement progressive, sustainable solutions.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner to identify the needs of the organization and/or customer, articulate necessary proposals, and see projects through to completion.
- Strong ability to lead and develop diverse, cross-functional project teams to achieve high levels of performance in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Understanding of commercial HVAC applications and marketplace dynamics.
- A clear understanding of basic marketing principles.
- Previous experience working with Engineering and Business/Sales is preferred.
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proven performance record in developing a business plan for presenting a Return on Investment (ROI) and obtaining funding for a new product, and successfully completing the introduction and management of a new product line from the cradle to the grave.
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams without formal authority through influence and relationships
- Superior presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Pricing/negotiating experience required.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven strong team collaboration skills by effectively working with sales engineers, sales managers, and internal customers
- Proven success within a fast-paced environment, demonstrating skills that require prioritizing and completing multiple time-sensitive activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel at least 30% of the time.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice