Supplier Quality EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30078529 City Ashland State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAFMA: FS Kidde Fenwal Ashland MA 400 Main Street, Ashland, MA, 01721 USA
We make the world a better place to live!
At Carrier, we build and maintain comfortable, accessible, efficient, healthy, safe, secure, and sustainable environments. Carrier’s Fire & Security Products (FSP) business builds technology that saves lives and protects property by offering leading fire and security systems solutions globally.
Carrier Fire & Security Products is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer for its
Kidde Fenwal fire suppression business in Ashland, MA! Here at Kidde Fenwal, we are the world’s largest manufacturer of fire safety products. Our mission is to provide solutions that protect people and property from the effects of fire and its related hazards. For more than 90 years industry leaders, the military, airlines, and firefighters have relied on Kidde Fenwal to deliver outstanding fire detection and suppression.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will implement plans required to meet the overall business unit supplier quality strategy, such as, developing and supporting suppliers with ProCert and PPAP activities including PFMEA, Control Plan, Standard Work and defining Mistake Proofing methods, improving supplier performance, qualifying new suppliers, quality systems audits and NPI activities.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Supplier Quality for Kidde Fenwal, collaborating with the full spectrum of Kidde Fenwal leaders, including
product management, operations, finance, engineering, and marketing.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Acts as a key contributor to supplier quality management process; primary contact with suppliers on all quality-related issues during both the supplier selection and supplier maintenance process.
- Provide supplier-related support to production and receiving inspection teams and lead the resolution of non-conformities due to supplier performance
- Work with quality technicians to investigate and disposition nonconformances from production, NPI pilot builds, field failures, or new supplier sourcing.
- Proactively resolves and communicates any supplier-related nonconformities or process problems as they occur through the Quality Clinic process, and issues 8D CARs as needed.
- Conducts supplier Corrective Action reviews to assess suppliers on their ability to meet quality, delivery, and service levels
- Provide monthly metrics and reports/scorecards to leadership for supplier performances.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and action tracker meetings with key suppliers, as needed.
- Assist manufacturing, quality, supply chain, and engineering on new product development teams
- Participate in engineering technical reviews of new and existing components for design changes and second sourcing with various suppliers.
- Perform capability assessments for suppliers to support supply chain and engineering for sourcing opportunities.
- Support Supplier Development, NPI, and Pro-Cert utilizing PPAP, such as FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, etc.
- Audits and evaluates supplier internal processes to assess their overall compliance with our Quality Manual and ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Perform on-site or remote (desktop) audits for key suppliers and probationary suppliers as needed.
- Performs all other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (mechanical, manufacturing, industrial), Quality, or equivalent education/professional training along with supporting experience.
- 3+ years experience with machine shop, mechanical, electro-mechanical products, or similar industry.
- An enthusiastic, collaborative, team player with innate leadership potential, and a strong passion for learning and quality.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written), with experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Strong knowledge of machine shop, mechanical and/or electro-mechanical product manufacturing controls, and quality problem-solving tools, such as 8D, corrective/ preventive action, FMEA, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and systematic problem-solving.
- Strong understanding and experience with statistical process control (SPC).
- ISO 9001 and Lean quality system knowledge. (Six Sigma Black, Green, or yellow belt a plus.)
- A strong understanding and experience with GD&T are a plus.
- ISO auditor certification is a big plus.
- ASQ certification is a big plus.
- 10-15% travel required.
- Preferred experience from prior roles in quality assurance, quality engineering, supplier quality engineering, or quality management systems. (ISO9001, AS9100, ISO13485, etc.)
- Experience with JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle, or equivalent order entry software
Has the option to be 20% - 25% remote
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice