Process Engineering & Continuous Improvement ManagerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30078840 City Ashland State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAFMA: FS Kidde Fenwal Ashland MA 400 Main Street, Ashland, MA, 01721 USA
We make the world a better place to live!
At Carrier, we build and maintain comfortable, accessible, efficient, healthy, safe, secure, and sustainable environments. Carrier’s Fire & Security business builds technology that saves lives and protects property by offering leading fire and security systems solutions globally.
Carrier Fire & Security is seeking a Process Engineering & Continuous Improvement Manager for its Kidde-Fenwal Division in Ashland, MA! Here at Kidde-Fenwal, we are the world’s largest manufacturer of Fire Protection products. Our mission is to protect lives and property. For more than 100 years, our customers have relied on Kidde-Fenwal to deliver outstanding fire protection products.
The Process Engineering & Continuous Improvement Manager will collaborate with senior management, corporate representatives, engineering, and Operations in the manufacturing, productivity, and reporting of mechanical fire suppression products and their components. In this role, you will manage activities and set priorities for the Process Engineering staff, as well as identify programs to improve product quality, safety and margin. As a part of these CI efforts, this role will manage programs to identify new trends and innovations in machinery, obtain funding, and coordinate implementation across all levels of Operations.
This position reports directly to the Plant Manager, collaborating with the full spectrum of Kidde-Fenwal leaders, including product, design engineering, quality, and production.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage the Process Engineering team of 5 engineers and two technicians.
- Mentor the professional advancement of subordinates.
- Coordinate and report on cost reduction initiatives for the site.
- Create reports and present them to senior management and corporate staff.
- Develop projects and identify equipment to improve quality and productivity.
- Coordinate lean transformation teams
- Manage capital expenditures for new machinery and processes.
- Root cause analyses and solution implementation.
- Streamline and optimize legacy processes for best business unit alignment.
- Experience managing a team working in a manufacturing environment.
- Background with compiling data on processes and expenses and creating reports.
- Working knowledge of basic statistics and conducting does.
- Working knowledge of EDA systems and compiling data.
- BA/BS degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of PFMEA, DFMEA, FTA and SPC analytical tools.
- J D Edwards EDA software
- MiniTab statistical software
- AutoCad or SolidWorks CAD software
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice