HVAC Digital Controls( Field Services)Business Unit Carrier Job ID 30081005 City West Point State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN96: NOR West Point West Point Construction Office, West Point, NY, 10996 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling, and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is a Carrier company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Responsibilities for this position would be:
● Manage assigned work to meet professional execution of time and customer satisfaction. Report problems or changes to site management immediately. Interface with the site manager, other NORESCO technicians, site DPW staff, and subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in a professional manner.
● Respond to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, and remotely online).
● Communicate technical information to technical and non-technical people. Meet with customers upon arrival and before leaving an assigned work site. Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction. Meet regularly with customers and NORESCO site personnel to become familiar with operating problems. Keep customers informed on the nature of service provided, and outstanding issues and recommend system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs.
● Performing periodic maintenance on service customers’ control systems (BAS front end, DDC controllers, and end devices).
● Backing up controls systems programs and BAS computer.
● Analyze energy trend data to detect problems in the system’s operation. Diagnose and repair electric and electronic control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital control systems. Test and write modifications utilizing installed control systems software.
● Adheres to all NORESCO and customer safety standards.
● Provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations.
● Mentor junior technicians in the programming and configuration of building automation systems utilizing site standards for DDC systems.
● Conduct extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency with various EMS product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
Qualifications for Position:
- Ability to pass a Department of Defense background check and obtain a Common Access Card (CAC).
- 6+ yrs. experience servicing Commercial HVAC equipment including units by Carrier, York, and Trane.
- 6+ yrs. experience servicing Commercial BAS Automatic Temperature Controls.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience troubleshooting Direct Digital Controls (DDC) systems and their electrical interfaces with commercial mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints.
- Strong understanding and experience with the mechanical and electrical systems of commercial buildings.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with controls calibration and testing tools.
- Hands-on experience with the operation and editing of BAS front-end graphics (GUI).
- Knowledge of controls applications and troubleshooting/editing DDC controls programs.
- Knowledge of Tridium AX platform. AX certification is highly desired.
- Electronics training/certification from a technical school or military electronics training desired.
- Knowledge of third-party integration via Lon/BACnet/Modbus protocols
- Applying concepts, principles, and methods for network connectivity (e.g. routing, switching, tunneling, and IP addressing)
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice