Embedded Software Test Automation EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30065106 City Syracuse State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CANTR: Refrigeration-Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
Embedded Software Test Automation Engineer
Business Unit: Refrigeration
Location: Syracuse NY
Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a world leader in heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration systems, building controls, and automation, and fire and security systems. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Our refrigeration segment is delivering confidence in the connected cold chain through healthy, safe, sustainable, and intelligent solutions that transport, monitor, and store the world’s perishables and pharmaceuticals.
Carrier has an exciting opportunity for an Embedded Software Test Automation Engineer to join its Carrier Transicold Controls & Digital Products Engineering team located in Syracuse, NY. Our team is providing game-changing solutions to make Carrier’s truck trailer and container transportation refrigeration units smarter and connected. Our products are undergoing a radical transformation into intelligent refrigeration systems that are more efficient and reliable. We design, develop, and support intelligent, connected control systems, and we are continuously adopting new development technologies and capabilities to deliver advanced solutions for a safe and sustainable cold chain.
The Embedded Software Test Automation Engineer will work as part of our team to create efficient, high quality, and reliable real-time controls and connectivity products for Carrier transportation refrigeration units. The position is focused on the development and execution of test plans that ensure the software is meeting business specifications and is defect-free. To do so, the Embedded Software Test Automation Engineer will develop and use state-of-the-art automation, emulation, and integration processes and tools to dramatically accelerate development and increase coverage.
- The position requires onsite presence because of the need to use lab equipment and tools
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Develop and execute test plans for verification and validation of embedded software by understanding requirements interfacing with system engineers.
- Perform tests on simulation and emulation platforms as well as on refrigeration units
- Write test scripts for automation.
- Participate in sprint and release planning activities, sizing of work tasks, building and tracking test coverage metrics, and automated test reports.
- Assist with software production support issues, including issue troubleshooting.
- Apply agile software lifecycle management principles and tools to verify real-time embedded software solutions for our controls and connectivity platforms.
- Help to select and set up emulation and simulation environments that enable the implementation of automated tests.
- Lead, advocate and enforce solid CIBTD (Continuous Integration, Build, Test & Deployment) best practices.
- Introduce and prototype new ideas and technologies for testing and simulation so that we can stay on the cutting edge.
- Clearly communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders.
Experience and Qualifications
- Development of systematic and effective test plans to ensure quality and robustness of failsafe embedded controls software.
- Strong programming skills with the ability to write test scripts using C#/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash
- Experience with Agile Scrum development, continuous development, and continuous integration environments.
- Experience with software lifecycle management, including version control, build processes, release management, use of tools like IBM/RTC, Jira.
- Demonstrated application of test automation tools and processes.
- Contribute independently as well as in a (global) team environment
- Experience with setting up of CI/CD environments
- Experience with Git and with Git workflows, including tagging, branching, and integration
- Experience with Jenkins including creating jobs, running scheduled builds, running scheduled and ad-hoc integration tests, and integrating Jenkins with other tools
- Familiarity with model-based software development and testing, including MIL, SIL, HIL, automated test vector generation, formal methods.
- Write specifications, test plans, and document designs.
- Knowledge of control system and system diagnostics algorithms and their design process
- Use of field communication protocols (CAN, MODBUS) and other interface protocols, wired and wireless (USB, Wi-Fi, BT)
- A proactive individual demonstrate the capability to innovate, propose new ideas, show curiosity, question the status quo
- Familiarity with AWS
Experience and Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 3-5 years of industrial experience
- M.Sc. in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 1-2 years of industrial experience (also acquired in internship or co-op)
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice