Service EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30078729 City Aberdeenshire State Aberdeenshire Country United Kingdom
Location:Carrier Rentals Aberdeen, Greenbank Road, East Tullos Ind Estate, Aberdeen, AB12 3BS, UK
Working Hours 08:00 – 16:30 Monday – Thursday. Friday 15:30 finish
25 days Holidays plus stats (if you work bank holidays you get a day back and double time)
Christmas and new Year call out money doubled
Paid Sick Leave
SLD Pumps & Power(a Carrier company) is one of the UK's leading suppliers of pumps and generator rental equipment. We are currently recruiting for aService Engineersupporting our team inScotland and will be based in the Aberdeen depot.
The main goal of this role is to work with the Depot Team(s) to maintain the plant equipment to a high standard. To assist with maintenance in Depot(s) on their sites and workshops as required. To provide holiday support cover for Depot(s) as required. To keep the Depot(s) tidy and a safe place to work for all employees and visitors. To service and maintain all equipment to a high standard ready for hire.
What will I be doing as a Service Engineer?
- To assist in the servicing of plant equipment, specifically pumps and generators, within the depot;
- To service off-hired equipment ready for re-hire;
- To service equipment on customer sites and to respond to call-outs when needed;
- To work closely with the Depot Foreman and Manager to act quickly where problems arise within the depot and to establish an open system of communication to ensure the consistent treatment of problems.
- To adhere to all Health and Safety Procedures within the workshop environment;
- To work closely with the Hire Controller, Driver and Fitters to ensure all hires proceed smoothly
- To work on the repair and maintenance of pumps and generators;
- To service, repair and overhaul equipment and associated components both within the depot, at customer premises and third party sites;
- To assess off-hired pumps and generators and judge the level of repair needed;
- To assist with the loading and unloading of pumps and generators onto the lorry for deliveries through the use of Hi-Ab Lorry Mounted Crane and Forklift Truck;
- To be on the 24 Hour on-call service rota within the depot;
- To ensure all equipment is serviced and maintained to a high standard;
- To report any major problems within the equipment to the Foreman/Depot Supervisor;
- To attend customer call outs and deal with any issue that arise
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Be fully conversant and compliant with all Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Proven Service Engineer Experience
- NVQ3 or suitable Apprenticeship
- Holder of appropriate CSCS card (desirable)
- Good working knowledge of plant equipment specifically diesel engines
- Knowledge of the performance and maintenance of all products
- Hold a Full UK Driving License
- Team Working Skills and Results driven
- Flexibility, Time Management and communication skills
What can we offer you?
- Competitive basic salary
- Working Hours 08:00 – 16:30 Monday – Thursday. Friday 15:30 finish
- 25 days Holidays plus stats (if you work bank holidays you get a day back and double time)
- Christmas and new Year call out money doubled
- Paid Sick Leave
- Generous pension scheme
- Benefits Central Platform hosting employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources
More about us:
Creating solutions for people and our planet, our company values are our absolutes -RESPECT, INTEGRITY, INCLUSION, INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE.We work and win together, while never compromising our values.
SLD Pumps & Power (a Carrier company) is one of the UK's leading suppliers of pumps and generator rental equipment. We work closely with our customers to deliver turnkey rental solutions to suit their individual needs. From initial enquiry right through to delivery and installation, we offer a bespoke and fully comprehensive service and our customers and employees are central to everything we do. Across both pump and power solutions, SLD Pumps & Power can supply the right equipment and the right service both at the right time.
We welcome applications from talented Mechanics, Service Engineers, Agricultural Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Pump Engineers & Electrical Engineers who live in a commutable distance of our Carlisle depot.
Build a Career with Confidence
At Carrier, you’re joining the world leader in healthy, safe, sustainable and intelligent building and cold chain solutions. We create solutions that matter for people and our planet – and our employees are the heart of it all. We are a company of innovators and problem-solvers who are united byThe Carrier Way– our vision, values and culture. As an employer of choice, we strive to provide a great place to work that attracts, develops and retains the best talent, promotes employee engagement, fosters teamwork and ultimately drives innovation for the benefit of our customers. We strive to create an environment where all feel that they_belong, with diversity and inclusion as the engine to growth and innovation. We develop and deploy best-in-class programs and practices, providing enriching career opportunities, listening to employee feedback and always challenging ourselves to do better. In short, Carrier’s greatest assets are the expertise, creativity and passion of our employees – and we’re excited for you to join the team.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice