Hire Controller ApprenticeBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30076820 City Aberdeenshire State Aberdeenshire Country United Kingdom
Location:Carrier Rentals Aberdeen, Greenbank Road, East Tullos Ind Estate, Aberdeen, AB12 3BS, UK
We are currently looking for a Hire Desk Controller / Admin Apprentice to join our team based in Aberdeen for the SLD Pumps & Power part of Carrier’s business.
As an Apprentice, you will be fully supported in undertaking a range of on the job and classroom-based learning to become a qualified and valued member of the team.
Carrier will provide you with a solid foundation for a rewarding and lasting career. We believe that everyone working here has the potential to progress and you will be supported by our big commitment to your ongoing training and further development. Once you have qualified, you will be able to apply for a variety of roles within the Carrier Corporation.
What do we offer?
- Excellent Apprenticeship salary and benefits
- A range of fully funded study options once you complete your Apprenticeship. This means you can choose the path that’s right for you, whether that’s further vocational training or academic degrees
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Weekly day release to a local college
- Benefits Central Platform hosting employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources
- Bravo Awards which recognise outstanding contributions from all employees and encourage excellence
What will you be doing?
- Assist with hire order processing, contract entry and off hire processing
- Keep systems up to date with all on-hires, off-hires, collections, deliveries, stock locations & statuses
- Support with fuel delivery requests and month end fuel reconciliation for all depots
- Assist with P&L reporting and analysis of hire contracts and costs
- Raise purchase orders and capital expenditure requests and assist with supplier invoice disputes
- Collate weekly overtime reports for payroll processing
- Support with external and internal audits
What are we looking for?
- 3 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C / grade 4 and above, including Maths and English
- An enthusiastic candidate who is a good communicator, excellent team player and has initiative
- Someone who is highly organised with good time management
- Computer literate
- A willingness to attend college on a weekly basis, as agreed with your line manager and training provider
The Carrier Apprenticeship Scheme is designed to provide committed individuals with the opportunity to develop their career with an industry leading, global organisation.
Creating solutions for people and our planet, our company values are our absolutes - RESPECT, INTEGRITY, INCLUSION, INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE. We work and win together, while never compromising our values.
SLD Pumps & Power (a Carrier company) is one of the UK's leading suppliers of pumps and generator rental equipment. We work closely with our customers to deliver turnkey rental solutions to suit their individual needs. From initial enquiry right through to delivery and installation, we offer a bespoke and fully comprehensive service and our customers and employees are central to everything we do. Across both pump and power solutions, SLD Pumps & Power can supply the right equipment and the right service both at the right time.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice