Strategic Sourcing Manager, MRO & ConsumablesBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30080416 City Palm Beach Gardens State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAF77: CCS - CIB 13995 Pasteur Blvd , Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33418 USA
Locations: Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Indianapolis, IN, Collierville, TN, Syracuse NY, Mebane/Charlotte, NC, Atlanta/Athens/Kennesaw, GA
Carrier Corporation is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems, leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
We have an exciting opportunity for an MRO & Consumables Supply Chain Manager within the Indirect Procurement organization. Carrier's Indirect Procurement team is responsible for managing $1.5B in spending globally. We work with industry-leading technology and service providers to strategically manage contracts and services for Business Unit stakeholders around the globe. Our portfolio consists of over 1,200 plants, warehouses, and offices totaling 36+ million square feet and spanning 54 countries. We drive operational efficiency and improve employee experience through data-driven decision-making.
This role will be responsible for all MRO and Consumables spending & will drive implementation and savings associated with the Indirect Procurement organization.
Primary Responsibilities: The MRO & Consumables Sourcing Manager will work closely with functional leaders to plan and implement category management and sourcing strategies aligned with business objectives. A successful candidate will build a strong partnership with relative business leaders to manage MRO & Consumables, current, and future road maps, and vendor partnerships.
The MRO & Consumables Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for:
- Partner with Business Units to design, develop and implement MRO & Consumables category strategy
- Proactively develop and drive sourcing initiatives, including all key steps in full life cycle sourcing.
- Execute supplier management strategies by monitoring KPIs, Terms and Conditions, and Supplier Contracts
- Develop and manage supplier relationships to optimize business value
- Create scorecards and other reports for business units and senior leadership
- Interact with supply base and internal "customers" to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities
- Provide procurement support to all functional areas, ensuring procurement representation and participation in all issues related to meeting business requirements
- Proactively analyze market trends and report substantial issues/resolution plan(s) to management if applicable.
- Develop necessary strategies and projects plans, driving to completion (i.e. commodity & supplier strategies, projects....as applicable)
- Manage and enhance supplier performance through standardized processes and continuous improvement efforts impacting quality, cost, delivery, and service
- Develop sourcing strategies to capture cost reduction while maximizing quality, speed, and scalability for all Indirect purchases
- Consolidate spending across the company to capture buying power with key suppliers who are motivated to grow and thrive for innovation
- Analyze spending to develop cost reduction roadmaps and strategies
- Earn trust with key partner teams to collaborate on requirements gathering while leading RFP creation, response review, and supplier selection processes
- Negotiate contracts with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service, and quality, while working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate across the business to identify and pursue new supplier opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or Logistics
- 5+ years of procurement/sourcing experience, 2+ years of indirect procurement a plus
- Previous experience managing MRO or Consumables is a plus
- Excellent negotiation skills, verbal and written communication
- Ability to work proactively – use data to identify opportunities and work
- Ability to communicate with all organizational levels
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to dive into details and develop solutions
- Ability to be autonomous and self-directed
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice