Sr. Engery EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30045120 City New York State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN87: Dome Tech New York 90 Broad Street, New York, NY, 10004 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is a Carrier company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Engineer in Edison, NJ and New York City, NY.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for developing projects from initial assessment through the detailed energy audit. This role requires interaction and management of members of the business development, operations, and engineering teams. This role will also include participation in the performance of onsite detailed audits, energy savings calculations and scope of work development. A strong candidate for this position will:
- Perform energy audits (ASHRAE Level 1 through investment grade) for clients in the municipal/county government, education, correctional, commercial, industrial, lab, pharmaceutical, and healthcare sectors.
- Perform feasibility studies of building system retrofits including HVAC systems, lighting systems, building envelope, boilers and steam systems, chilled water plants and pumping systems, compressed air systems, electrical systems, cogeneration plants, and building controls / energy management systems.
- Perform calculations of annual energy/cost savings and greenhouse gas reductions for identified energy projects. Develop budget quality project cost estimates. Perform life cycle cost analysis.
- Understand financial analysis associated with utility tariffs and future energy and operational costs.
- Coordinate and lead meetings with owner, operating staff, design and construction personnel to understand the project goals.
- Review design documents, equipment submittals, O&M manuals, and supporting document to validate contracted scope of work.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations. Present findings of audits / studies to client.
- Provide technical, communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively present findings.
- Manage project budgets according to prescribed financial metrics.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, often under aggressive deadlines.
- Ensure customer/client satisfaction for tasks performed.
- Foster effective and positive business relationships with all parties throughout project phases.
- Respond to customer inquiries and internet requests for information and proposals.
- Attend local business and association meetings to create and enhance relationships.
- Assist with technical presentations demonstrating how a service meets client needs and persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- 5+ years’ experience in energy efficiency engineering field including performance of on-site surveys, identifying energy efficiency opportunities, utility bill analysis and energy savings calculations.
- Possess a working knowledge of knowledge of energy modeling software desirable (such as DOE2, Trane Trace, Carrier HAP, eQuest).
- Experience performing ASHRAE Level I, II and III level audits of facilities and energy consuming systems.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and business relationships.
- PE License preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. A combined work experience in facility management and construction may be substituted for Bachelor of Engineering degree.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice