Sales Estimator (NORESCO)Business Unit Carrier Job ID 30043744 City New York State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN87: Dome Tech New York 90 Broad Street, New York, NY, 10004 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is a Carrier company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We are looking for an Inside Sales Engineer / Estimator to work with our Sales & Proposal Team to further our revenue generation goals. You’ll be responsible for developing estimates and proposals for energy consulting projects, while simultaneously incrementally becoming involved in client development, follow up and sales development for energy consulting to all sectors of customer prospects. The goal of this position is to provide training and experience enough to prepare the successful applicant to succeed in continuing estimator role within 18-24 months.
- 3-5 Years’ experience
- Manage RFP/RFQ reporting sources
- Download/upload RFP/RFQ documents from various sources
- Review and summarize received RFP/RFQ documents
- Perform equipment take-offs from MEP drawings
- Provide/assist with cost-based estimates for commissioning, retro-commissioning and energy audits
- Assist in the assembly of proposals to customers
- Assist in tracking estimating metrics per service type ($/sf, win/loss, etc.)
- Support/interact/communicate with multiple internal points of contact including both internal and external customers
- Provide customer outreach to further various sales initiates
- A true love for sales and a professional mind-set related to new business development
- Confidence in persuading customers and possessing a strong ability to set and accomplish goals
Education / Certifications
- 4-year college degree preferred but not required if have desired experience/capabilities
- Engineering/technical/sustainability degrees preferred
- Construction/Engineering industry continuing education also accepted/considered (e.g. technical classes)
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skill-set
- Strong organizational mindset
- Competent with other Microsoft programs (Word, Outlook, Project optional)
- Good Adobe program skill-set
- Technical writing skills a plus
- Manage RFP/RFQ reporting sources
- Cost estimating for any/all MEP systems (at any level, sub-contractor, general contractor, vendor)
- Performing take-offs from MEP drawings
- Cost analysis based on labor rates and desired profit margins (understanding of goals/targets, not expertise)
- Preparing proposals for client delivery
- Use of spreadsheets for quantifying/pricing (other estimating programs considered)
- Good improvisational problem solving skills
- Good communication skills (will be dealing with multiple internal & external contacts)
- Willingness to learn new skills/specialties
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice