The frontline of the Carrier organization, our dynamic sales teams help our customers achieve their goals with our robust portfolio of best-in-class products and services. From developing and nurturing relationships with our partners to providing critical feedback to enhance our solutions, our sales organization is growing to take Carrier to the next level.
What makes a successful member of the Carrier sales team? Check out some of the key competencies we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Technologically savvy
Job DetailsBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30073103 City Remote City State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CALNY: Lenel Home - New York Remote Location, Remote City, NY, 06032 USA
LenelS2 Regional Business Development Manager
Based in New York, Responsible for NY, NJ, CT, MA, ME, NH, PA, DE, VT, RI
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
The Fire and Security Products group at Carrier develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people, and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems, and mobile applications, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide, and smoke detectors, and fire suppression systems. Among its leading brands are LenelS2, Supra, Onity, Kidde, Fenwal, and Marioff offering robust security and life safety systems, affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions, and fire safety equipment and systems.
The LenelS2 Business Development Manager role is responsible for driving incremental business in their geographic territories. The role requires an experienced and aggressive business development professional with solid industry and product knowledge, strong technical skills, knowledge of the latest access control and video technologies with exceptional sales skills. The candidate must be able to operate in a matrix organization, working with our customers as well as sales, product management, engineering, and operations teams. This role has significant travel requirements; the successful candidate must be willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time. You will primarily work with large prospective end-users, architects, engineers, and consultants to ensure LenelS2 is their product of choice for deployment.
- Full ownership of all enterprise new business opportunities.
- Deliver on financial objectives in conjunction with your local Regional Sales Managers (RSMs)
- Build and implement sales action plans to effectively and efficiently execute company strategy
- Provide active participation in sales activities required to achieve business success
- Develop key sales competencies as required to maximize success, including but not limited to prospecting, lead generation, influencing, business acumen, and business judgment
- Hold yourself accountable(weekly activity reports/Salesforce.com) to the effective execution of key deliverables, key metrics, and key activities
- Participate in clear communication with your teammates locally
- Ensure connectivity with business imperatives
- Develop strategic clarity and a clear understanding of your assigned role, expectations, and performance
- Maintain extensive knowledge of customers, opportunities, markets, and competition
- Build and maintain aggressive account growth plans of top customers in assigned geography and execute those plans
- Enable connections with proper internal resources so as to provide our customers with value and ease of doing business
- Add value to customers through growth and support activities including product demonstrations, regional trade shows, and product roadshows
- Own RFP responses and submittals within the local territory
- Execute internal business deliverables within the appropriate timeframe
- Provide productive strategic and market feedback to the business
- Build and execute plans to support customer and market training needs
- Manage and execute on market strategic initiatives and programs
- BA/BS degree with 5 to 7+ years’ relevant experience
- MA/MS degree with 3 to 5+ years’ relevant experience preferred
- 5-10 years of Security access control and video industry sales experience
- Strong interpersonal written/verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Developed and proven sales skills including prospecting, negotiating, influencing, and selling
- Ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and high energy, strong customer focus and responsiveness, adaptable
- Technically competent to run product demonstrations
- Self-managed and goal-oriented
- Strong ethical and moral compass
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.
- At Carrier, we work hard to build a culture where all employees are valued and everyone feels included.
- As a global company we seek to recruit, develop and promote our employees around the world valuing cultural differences, varied perspectives, background and experiences. We believe diversity and inclusion is a source of innovation.
- We contribute to the communities where we live and do business by actively partnering with community and philanthropic organizations locally and nationally. We believe in “doing the right thing” and are a respected member of the communities in which we operate.
Professional Development & Employee Scholar Programs
Learning never ends at Carrier. Whether at our company or at a Carrier-approved educational institute – we want you to be engaged in lifelong learning.
Flexible Work Arrangements
8-5pm isn’t for everyone. Carrier offers flexible work hours for eligible employees to help manage your work-life balance.
Retirement Savings Plan
We want Carrier employees to have tools available to prepare for retirement.
Employee Referral Program & Monetary Awards/Recognition
You know our culture and what it takes to work at Carrier – we want to reward you for helping identify top talent. As part of our culture, we also want to reward and recognize our colleagues for their excellent efforts and contributions.
We offer two leave benefits for new parents – moms and dads – Birth & Adoption Leave and Parental Leave.
Time Off and Additional Vacation Options
New employee receive (15) vacation days per year which increases over time at the company. Plus the option to purchase an additional (5) days through our Carrier Choice program.
Explore Job Location
View the map to see more information.Job Location