Communication SpecialistBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30037803 City Mebane State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CASNC: FS Kidde Safety 1016 Corporate Park Drive, Mebane, NC, 27302 USA
At Carrier, we create and maintain comfortable, accessible, efficient, healthy, safe, secure, and sustainable environments. Carrier’s Fire & Security Products (FSP) business creates technology that saves lives and protects property by offering leading fire and security systems solutions globally.
Carrier Fire & Security Products is seeking an Internal Communication Specialist for its Kidde Residential Fire Products business in Mebane, NC! This role will lead the day-to-day development and execution of comprehensive, multi-channel internal communication strategies to drive awareness, business performance, organizational culture, and team member engagement among Kidde’s internal stakeholders. He/She must be an effective communicator, strong collaborator, the ability to influence and build internal communications capabilities. This role involves fostering relationships across the organization to support different initiatives and leaders through the development of communication materials. The ideal candidate has unwavering attention to detail, an innate desire for teamwork, and proactive and willing to learn.
The ideal candidate will be thoroughly familiar with various communication tools, technologies, and processes and have a proven track record managing an editorial calendar, project plans and supporting the development of an editorial strategy for traditional and digital channels. A key part of this role involves seeking out subject matter experts to ensure that information is current, accurate, and properly coordinated with other strategic initiatives. He/She is responsible for developing compelling presentations and narratives, managing a cadence of business rhythms, and project-based / change management communications. The role also involves a significant amount of writing tailored to multiple audiences.
The Internal Communication Specialist reports to the Director of Customer Experience and will work collaboratively with all cross-functional teams within the Kidde business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute multi-stage communication plans across a variety of channels and audiences.
- Create four types of corporate stories that help in enhancing employees’ connection to organizational goals: goal alignment, capacity building, team building, and emotional connection.
- Goal-Alignment Stories: Stories with a clear, well-integrated strategy message increase employees’ line of sight to company goals.
- Capability-Building Stories: Stories that explain how a peer successfully adopted a new approach boost employees’ self-confidence and know-how.
- Team-Building Stories: Stories that celebrate what makes a team distinctive and successful boost employees’ sense of pride and belonging to the team.
- Emotional-Connection Stories: Stories that fulfill an emotional or personal need make employees feel more connected to the company as a whole.
- Provide well-written, researched, validated, clear, consistent business communications on a range of topics that span company announcements, leadership communication, meeting presentations, multimedia, scripts, key messages, and talking points.
- Primary administrator for the company intranet and newsletter (Insight Xpress); manage, develop and post content, work closely with content owners to ensure maximum effectiveness. The content might include banner stories, standard articles regarding:
- Employee updates
- People on the Move
- Company resources
- Upcoming reminders & deadlines
- Manage internal communications editorial calendar.
- Support Executive Leadership which includes email messages, video messages, monthly town halls, biographies, presentation support, and event management.
- Partner closely with HR, business units, and other enterprise stakeholders to develop internal messaging and communication plans to help drive results and advance their strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Participate in or lead cross-functional teams or projects leveraging communications expertise.
- Participate in the development and launch of employee events and activities by creating graphics, sending invitations, tracking registration, and more.
- Provide ongoing creative ideas to ensure company messaging is forward-looking and innovative.
- Seek out and analyze employee feedback mechanisms and interpret data to recommend improvements and best practices.
- Partner with other members of the Corporate Communications and Marketing teams to build literacy of Kidde’s businesses and strategies.
- Work with HR to maintain accurate employee distribution lists for targeted communications.
- Coordinate and manage collaboration across a cross-functional crisis response team for swift alignment in potential crises.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in journalism or communications, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in internal corporate communications.
- Travel required: <10%
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, effectively address and engage all levels within the organization and communicate and articulate clear, effective messages that enhance and promote the company's mission, goals, and business objectives.
- Talented at storytelling and creating compelling and engaging content.
- Understanding of and experience with change management within a corporate environment
- Ability to drive innovative internal communication strategies that engage employees across multiple platforms (intranet, video, digital monitors and newsletters, event postings, presentations, etc.).
- Experience with email communications and measurement systems, intranet platforms, content management systems, and other technologies designed to support internal communication strategies.
- Experience working with senior leaders and executives to provide communication counsel and act as a trusted resource.
- Ability to oversee and execute multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively under the pressure of last-minute deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to work with confidential materials and engender trust among key constituents.
- Effectively handle pressures and demands from multiple customers and competing priorities.
- Detail-oriented, especially regarding validating clarity and accuracy of content/information.
- Is proactive and takes the initiative. Functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be results and outcome-driven.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice