Building Automation TechnicianBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30079477 City Madison State Wisconsin Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAW12: AL Wisconsin (MSN) 3025 S. Stoughton Road , Madison, WI, 53716 USA
Automated Logic is a total energy solutions provider. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service that is hard to beat.
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
If you are looking for a role that combines your technical skills and passion for customers, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a results-oriented, customer-focused Building Automation Technician to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation. Automated Logic offers great company benefits including, but not limited to: Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance, retirement planning options, time off, and much more!
- Performs preventive and system maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of very complex building systems. Manages outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs.
- Accountable for high customer satisfaction levels through direct, onsite client interaction and regular meeting cadence.
- Provides consultant-level services for the customer related to building automation systems and ensures ultimate customer satisfaction levels with assigned customers.
- With a high level of complete technical competence, mentors lesser experienced team members.
- Understand the principles that comprise a Building Control system and possess the ability to learn new products and strategies as they are released for sale.
- Complete paperwork on time including timesheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation and project status reports.
- Provides feedback of equipment scheduling and modifications needed to the Service Account Manager.
- When needed, provide training to customers about their specific control systems operations.
- Communicates outstanding issues and recommends through field quotes system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs.
- Actively participates in meetings with Service Account Manager and Sales team to engineer and estimate solutions, and works to transform agreement base to the higher-level outcome and technology-based offerings.
- Provides training to customers for their specific control systems operations.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus additional specialized courses or short-term training (one year or less) with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Associates Degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post-high school training (two years duration) with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Automation (or equivalent) with a minimum of 2 years experience
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess and maintain valid and current Driver’s License and be insurable by our company’s insurance carrier
- Willingness to travel more than 50% of the typical work week, mostly local travel and occasional overnight hotel stays based on business needs.
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment over 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items to 50lbs
- Advanced understanding of control logic
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications about the HVAC/Control
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice