The frontline of the Carrier organization, our dynamic sales teams help our customers achieve their goals with our robust portfolio of best-in-class products and services. From developing and nurturing relationships with our partners to providing critical feedback to enhance our solutions, our sales organization is growing to take Carrier to the next level.
What makes a successful member of the Carrier sales team? Check out some of the key competencies we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Technologically savvy
Job DetailsBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30081347 City Kennesaw State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG16: AL Georgia (ATL) 1975 Vaughn Rd, Kennesaw, GA, 30144 USA
- Develops and directs the sales force in selling Automated Logic Corporation (ALC) systems and offerings including DDC controls projects, energy and controls retrofits, and service agreements to the local market.
- Leads the ALC systems and service businesses by executing sales strategies to achieve profitability, growth and market penetration.
- Delivers the branch orders plan for all lines of business for the assigned geography.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, & developing sales people consistent with the national sales processes and training methodologies.
- Controls selling expenses and manages resources to improve branch profitability.
- Sets the standard for professionalism within the sales team, building and maintaining a high-performance team able to grow market share through a commitment to customer satisfaction, quality and an understanding of the business environment and the local community.
Specific responsibilities for this position includes:
- Leads the sales team in selling the Automated Logic offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to engineers, contractors, and building owners.
- Develops and trains the sales team on established sales processes, tools, and standards. Provides a consistent level of sales coaching, including weekly 'one-on-one’ meetings, customer sales calls, and strategic opportunity reviews.
- Establishes clear performance expectations for the sales team. Uses standards to assess the behavior, activities and performance of each salesperson. Provides consistent feedback to motivate sales people toward improved performance.
- Provides sales focus and sets aggressive individual and team goals consistent with the branch business plan.
- Analyzes the market and current business performance. Executes growth strategies for the sales team consistent with the overall business strategy. Needs to understand the business environment of local markets including competition, purchasing and business trends.
- Builds partnering relationships with the contractors, engineers, and owners or owner’s representatives responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Automated Logic product and service offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies customer concerns.
- Establishes and drives local account management consistent with Branch strategic direction and assign key and target accounts.
- Leads the management team on strategically important target accounts. Establishes and maintains personal long-term customer relationships with strategically important accounts to influence opportunities.
- Reviews bids, estimates and proposals for accuracy and quality. Oversees proposal preparation and operational review meetings.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively (CRM, estimating software, etc.) to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity within accounts. Ensures sales representatives manage a high level of activity as represented in their sales pipeline in Salesforce.com, with a balanced focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of close, as well as other pertinent information.
- Maintains proper staffing levels to achieve business goals. Directs performance management of sales personnel.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal legal requirements and leads the local office with the highest business ethics.
- Fully engages with the Area leadership team to create a high energy team culture, focused on winning.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing.
Five to eight years of progressive sales and/or operational experience in building systems and services.
Three years of experience in a lead or supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis.
Committed to integrity in business.
Ability to motivate & Lead.
Ability to use data to craft a business strategy.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.
- At Carrier, we work hard to build a culture where all employees are valued and everyone feels included.
- As a global company we seek to recruit, develop and promote our employees around the world valuing cultural differences, varied perspectives, background and experiences. We believe diversity and inclusion is a source of innovation.
- We contribute to the communities where we live and do business by actively partnering with community and philanthropic organizations locally and nationally. We believe in “doing the right thing” and are a respected member of the communities in which we operate.
Professional Development & Employee Scholar Programs
Learning never ends at Carrier. Whether at our company or at a Carrier-approved educational institute – we want you to be engaged in lifelong learning.
Flexible Work Arrangements
8-5pm isn’t for everyone. Carrier offers flexible work hours for eligible employees to help manage your work-life balance.
Retirement Savings Plan
We want Carrier employees to have tools available to prepare for retirement.
Employee Referral Program & Monetary Awards/Recognition
You know our culture and what it takes to work at Carrier – we want to reward you for helping identify top talent. As part of our culture, we also want to reward and recognize our colleagues for their excellent efforts and contributions.
We offer two leave benefits for new parents – moms and dads – Birth & Adoption Leave and Parental Leave.
Time Off and Additional Vacation Options
New employee receive (15) vacation days per year which increases over time at the company. Plus the option to purchase an additional (5) days through our Carrier Choice program.
Explore Job Location
View the map to see more information.Job Location