Embedded Systems EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30046567 City Indianapolis State Indiana Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAI22: Carrier - Indianapolis 30 S Meridian St, Suite 500 , Indianapolis, IN, 46204 USA
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration solutions.
Carrier is seeking a highly motivated Embedded System Engineer to work with a team of engineers responsible for developing embedded solutions that drive the Carrier HVAC equipment controls and smart thermostats. The ideal candidate is excited by the prospect of working with our team to enhance current products and define future intelligent, connected thermostats and control systems.
The ideal candidate is excited by embedded development, new connected technologies, and the limitless possibilities of the IoT domain.
Each day, the engineering team meets some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. To maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We seek innovative, data-driven, results-oriented team members to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation and success.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in addition to ad hoc assignments as needed.
- Work closely with marketing and customers to define requirements for smart thermostats and HVAC systems.
- Understanding the systems development life cycle and processes
- Work closely with hardware, firmware, software, validation/reliability, and manufacturing engineering teams.
- Make decisions on tradeoffs in product design between hardware and firmware/software.
- Write specifications, test plans, special test software/scripts for system verification and validation.
- Actively participate in the project planning process (e.g., estimates for project plan tasks, resources, completion time, capital requirements, risks, expenses, etc.)
- Experience in leading DFMEAs
- Balance sustaining and new product development projects
- Document Systems and functional Requirements and Design Architecture
- Develop and execute systems level test cases/plans
- Participate in risk identification reviews
- Demonstrates the ability to work within a project team
- Lead systems integration and firmware/software requirements development
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for execution of multiple tasks simultaneously within a functional discipline
- Makes a significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
- Works with minimal guidance on projects with a long and short-term focus
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/MS in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, or Controls Engineering
- 7-10 years of Systems Engineering experience with embedded products
- Experience in the use of IBM DOORS, JIRA/Confluence, or AZURE Dev Ops
- Experience with requirements elicitation/analysis
- Experience with 8, 16, and 32 Microcontrollers
- Experience with various wireless protocols (Wifi, BLE, Zigbee/CHIP, Zwave, etc.)
- Experience in leading DFMEAs
- Ability to provide technical leadership in a cross-competency environment
- Understanding of C and C++ programming languages
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Organized with strong attention to detail while managing multiple priorities
- Proven ability to implement continuous improvements and standardize processes
- Digital and analog electronic hardware experience (preferred)
- Controls Systems/Algorithm Design experience (preferred)
- MATLAB/Simulink, LabView (preferred)
- HVAC Controls System Design experience (preferred)
- Previous work with Apple HomeKit, Alexa Built-in, Google SDK, and other smart speaker systems (preferred)
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice