Embedded System EngineeringBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30054843 City Indianapolis State Indiana Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAI22: Carrier - Indianapolis 30 S Meridian St, Suite 500 , Indianapolis, IN, 46204 USA
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration solutions.
Carrier is seeking a highly motivated Embedded System Engineer to work with a team of engineers responsible for developing embedded solutions that drive the Carrier HVAC equipment controls and smart, cloud-connected thermostats. The ideal candidate is excited by the prospect of working with our team to enhance current products and define future intelligent, cloud-connected thermostats and control systems.
The ideal candidate is excited by embedded development, new, connected technologies, and the limitless possibilities of the IoT domain.
Each day, the engineering team meets some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. To maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking innovative, data-driven, results-oriented team members to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation and success.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in addition to ad hoc assignments as needed.
- Work closely with marketing and customers to define requirements for smart thermostats and HVAC systems.
- Executing the role of a systems engineer in the product development processes
- Work closely with hardware, firmware, software, validation/reliability, and manufacturing engineering teams.
- Make decisions on tradeoffs in product design between hardware and firmware/software.
- Capture requirements, write specifications, define test plans for system verification and validation.
- Actively participate in the project planning process (e.g., estimates for project plan tasks, resources, completion time, capital requirements, risks, expenses, etc.)
- Lead and participate in software DFMEAs
- Balance sustaining and new product development projects
- Document systems and functional requirements
- Help define the systems architecture for new products.
- Develop systems-level test cases/plans
- Participate in risk identification reviews
- Demonstrates the ability to work within a project team
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for execution of multiple tasks simultaneously within the functional discipline
- Makes a significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
- Works with minimal guidance on projects with a long and short-term focus
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/MS in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, or Controls Engineering
- 7-10 years of systems engineering experience with embedded products
- Experience in the use of IBM DOORS, JIRA/Confluence, or AZURE Dev Ops
- Experience with requirements capture/definition
- Experience with 8, 16, and 32 Microcontrollers
- Experience with various wireless protocols (Wifi, BLE, Zigbee/CHIP, Zwave, etc.)
- Experience in DFMEAs
- Ability to provide systems leadership in a cross-competency environment
- Understanding of C and C++ programming languages
- Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities
- Proven ability to implement continuous improvements and standardize processes
- Digital and analog electronic products
- Controls Systems/Algorithm Design experience (a plus)
- MATLAB/Simulink, LabView (a plus)
- HVAC Controls System Design experience (a plus)
- Previous work with Apple HomeKit, Alexa Built-in, Google SDK, and other smart speaker systems (a plus)
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice