Advanced Manufacturing Engineering ManagerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30050898 City Indianapolis State Indiana Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager based out of our North American manufacturing facilities in either Indianapolis, IN or Collierville, TN. This position will lead a team of Advanced Manufacturing Engineers that will work closely with product design, manufacturing engineering, production, and equipment suppliers.
- Develop and implement resource loading plans for engineering resources to support manufacturing plant operations and management of projects
- Manage the coordination of activities of the advanced engineering team with responsibility for results, including costs and methods
- Design, planning, and execution of heat exchanger fabrication, material handling, and assembly process changes required for NPI’s.
- Integrate coil shop equipment into factory layout, process, and material flow, and optimize the sequence of operations for heat exchanger fabrication.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing operations as needed at several high-volume manufacturing facilities.
- Ensure constant EH&S compliance
- Ensure quality process implementation through the use of analytical process capability tools (DOEs and ProCert)
- Evaluate process and equipment capabilities and capacities
- Perform cost analysis to track and report on budget
- Support Advanced Manufacturing Engineers in the design, planning, and execution of automated technology projects for heat exchanger & sheet metal fabrication, material handling, and assembly processes within a high-volume HVAC manufacturing environment.
- BA/BS degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in an engineering environment
- Proven ability to successfully coach, motivate, and develop employees
- Demonstrated knowledge of RTPF coil assembly, mechanical coil expansion, hairpin bending, plate-fin fabrication, and brazing processes, controls, and equipment used in production environments for HVAC&R products. Demonstrated knowledge of MCHX coil assembly, fin stamping, and oven brazing processes, controls, and equipment used in high-volume heat exchanger production.
- Familiarity with production systems and related machinery and processes common to HVAC&R products is desired.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong computer skills required, including AutoCAD, MS Excel, and MS Project.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships with production employees, peers, and manufacturing management
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice