Rentals HVAC TechnicianBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30102838 City Houston State Texas Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAT27: CRS-Houston 100 Southbelt Industrial Drive, Houston, TX, 77047 USA
About this Role:
Carrier Rental Systems is seeking an experienced, energetic, customer-focused individual to join the organization as a Technician to support our Houston, TX Depot area. In this role you will utilize your skills and expertise front facing commercial customers in repairing and installing heating and cooling equipment that is under warranty, and or needs just any type of repairs. With your experience you will work on Hot Water Boilers, Pumps, Air Handlers, Cooling towers, Electric and Gas Heaters. Working Overtime is required, this is a NON-Union Role. Work is performed in a variety of environmental conditions with exposure to outdoor temperature variations, noise, vibrations, gas or fumes, grease, cleaning solvents, degreasing agents, machinery and its moving parts, odors, and dust particles.
- Service, troubleshoot, and clean heating and cooling equipment and related products. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Air-cooled and water-cooled systems from 10 tons to 1,000 tons
- Hot water boilers up to 200 hp
- Various sizes of air conditioners, pumps, air handlers, cooling towers, spot coolers, electric and gas heaters
- Maintain, service, and set up rental systems
- Maintain accurate field service reports including refrigerant tracking logs and time keeping logs
- Use power tools, hand tools, and other mechanical equipment to service and repair rental systems as needed
- Operate equipment including vehicles and forklifts
- Load and unload trucks
- Communicate in a professional manner with coworkers, subcontractors, and customers
- Perform other duties as needed including general maintenance, cleaning, lifting, organizing, and general inventory counts to support the business
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must Have Ability to obtain and maintain Forklift Certification
- Must be able to lift and manipulate objects up to 50 pounds
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain EPA Universal license within 60 days of hire
- Valid Driver’s License
- 3+ years of Commercial HVAC experience; Rentals experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in servicing, troubleshooting, and cleaning heating and cooling equipment and related products
- 2+ years’ experience in all EH&S policies and standards
- 1+ year experience in MS Outlook, and Internet Explorer and/or other web browsers
- Travel requirement: 10% (domestic and international)
- Must be available for Overtime
Other qualifications you may have that would be beneficial in this role include:
- Associates degree or HVAC technical certification preferred
- EPA Universal License
- EPA 608 Universal certification preferred
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to work on-call and/or overtime as required to support the business
Carrier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We welcome differences and celebrate new ideas. We encourage different perceptions, preferences and thoughts because we believe diversity makes us stronger.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice
Covid-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice