Backend and Software AWS Software EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30074267 City Gdańsk State Pomeranian Country Poland
Location:Heweliusza 18, 80-890 Gdańsk, Poland
Carrier’s Digital Products and Software team is building solutions to reimagine the systems that shape the way we live, work, and learn. We're setting the standard for healthier, safer, and more resilient built environments – and connecting the cold chain to improve the process of safely shipping and storing food and critical medical supplies.
Carrier is a global leader in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Refrigeration, and Fire & Security segments with an unmatched product and service portfolio. Carrier’s Digital Products and Software team is responsible for a range of high impact digital products to drive profitable growth for the company. This team brings together exceptional talent to have unparalleled impact on the company’s direction. In addition to a rewarding experience on a high performing team, this experience will position the right candidate for a strong career trajectory at Carrier.
As a Software Engineer you'll work as part of a highly technical team of professionals who are responsible for development and deployment of cost effective and sustainable infrastructures to meet business requirements. You will participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction of the product.
- Define architecture frameworks for cloud services that integrate AWS native services with other off the shelf, third party platforms and provide abstraction layers as well as analytics
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies and lead the development team in estimating t-shirt sizes, Story Points, and overall sprint goal and capacity to achieve sprint backlog.
- Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation from current state to the future state with cohesive architecture
- Experience in test driven development (TDD) and unit testing, leveraging automation toolsets
- Partner with technical leaders and others to support organization’s automation (testing, pipelines, deployments, etc. on cloud)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in Software Development
- Experienced in Typescript with knowledge of AWS services (IOT Core, Kinesis, Lambda, Neptune, DynamoDB
- At least 2-3 years of experience creating and maintaining CI/CD tooling
- Implementation Knowledge of APIs, REST & MQTT protocols is a must.
- Great knowledge in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience in Microservices Architecture
- Good Knowledge on Cloud security & security design control implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- AWS Certified Professional Certifications (or in progress)
- Exposure to GCP Cloud Design and Deployment or willing to learn the basics
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice