Sr. Hardware EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30009519 Date posted 06/11/2020 City Framingham State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CALES: LenelS2 Framingham MA 1 Speen Street Suite 300, Framingham, MA, 01701 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation technologies. These high-technology products and services enable modern life by delivering efficiency, safety, and security across several platforms!
As a Sr. Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for the development and manufacturing of LenelS2’s hardware products and coordinated systems. You will participate on a project team of engineers involved in the specification, design, development, test, and manufacturing of LenelS2’s hardware products. You will also perform sustaining engineering functions for our existing hardware products!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the design of access control hardware
- Write specifications and technical reports
- Craft and develop manufacturing processes for new products, product improvements, product changes, and related fixtures and tooling
- Provide ongoing technical support to manufacturing
- Develop test strategies and test fixtures
- Maintain, update, and improve current designs
- Providing engineering support to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems in development and in the field
- Component selection and qualification
- Handle compliance with relevant UL, CE and other standards as required
- Ensure that product will integrate with devices developed by others and will perform consistently in specified operating environments and parameters
- Keep up to date with developments in technologies and regulations
- Proven knowledge of the product development process, with project experience from concept to manufacture
- All other duties as assigned
- 10 years experience as Hardware Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Extensive experience in new product design with successful delivery to manufacturing and the field
- Experience with design tools
- Hands on lab experience including data acquisition, and lab test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, power supplies, etc
- Demonstrate engineering passion, initiative, innovation, and creativity
- Experience in developing and manufacturing products
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice