Carrier Graduate Hire Program - Software Quality Assurance EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30013084 Date posted 09/18/2020 City Framingham State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CALES: LenelS2 Framingham MA 1 Speen Street Suite 300, Framingham, MA, 01701 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation technologies. These high-technology products and services enable modern life by delivering efficiency, safety, and security across several platforms!
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering you may be eligible for Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2021 program. The applicants must have received their degree prior to the start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems, and UI Development.
Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program is to help early-career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year program.
Carrier has an opportunity for candidates interested in a career in Quality Engineering. The Carrier engineering experience offers interns an environment that provides practical, challenging, and meaningful on-the-job work experience. Interns will also have the opportunity to apply knowledge and demonstrate strengths in an effort to assist Carrier in achieving its business strategy.
LenelS2 is seeking a QA Engineer to be an active quality champion for the tasks and deliverables performed throughout our QA project life cycle to ensure test coverage of requirements and the release of a high-quality product to our customers. The candidate will have a demonstrated history of planning, designing, and executing functional testing with both manual and automated methods and reporting progress/status to leadership. Our goal is to build quality into our solutions and not just test it in at the end.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable record of achievement with both manual and automated testing of enterprise applications, with in-depth knowledge of QA/test methodologies and processes (i.e., traceability, bug triaging, execution dashboards). The candidate must be capable of working in a small, fast-paced environment and being comfortable having sole QA responsibility for assigned functionality as part of our agile development methodology. This is a role for a self-confident QA resource looking to make a difference in a dynamic environment; helping to ensure high-quality features are consistently delivered to our customers.
* Analyze and understand project requirements to determine efficient test strategies; provide testing estimates; develop and execute test plans/cases
* Identify defects and bottlenecks in our complex solutions of integrated security and video components; accurately provide status/results reporting for test execution to leadership
* Work both independently and as part of larger scrum & QA teams to help the company achieve its quality goals. Collaborate with QA colleagues assigned to other scrum teams or functional areas regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge so there is consistency in terms of delivering quality components.
* Assist QA leadership in the identification of risks, risk management, and risk mitigation strategies to ensure successfully qualified solutions
Skills and Experience:
* Testing web-based applications and embedded systems with both manual and automated techniques using both black-box and white-box approaches; familiarity with functional and performance testing. Experience working across entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Solid SQL and database operational knowledge are preferred as our solutions are often deployed in large-scale customer environments where database performance can be an issue if not properly analyzed in advance of a feature’s release
* Windows and Linux operating system knowledge, including performance monitoring and networking topologies. Working with test environments comprised of both physical hardware and virtual test technologies.
* Test automation development experience via commercial/open source tooling (Robot, Puppeteer, Appium, etc.) or native development (C-sharp, Python, Java, etc.)
* Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to multi-task working both independently and in team environments. High standard of performance, attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
* BS in Computer Science or related field, with 2+ years of experience
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice