Associate Director, Fire & Security Advanced Solutions - Building Security TechnologiesBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30028702 City Framingham State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CALES: LenelS2 Framingham MA 1 Speen Street Suite 300, Framingham, MA, 01701 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
The candidate would lead the access, locks, and intrusion security systems advanced development team within the Carrier Technology Organization in support of the Fire and Security Products business.
Carrier’s Fire & Security Advanced Solutions team, a part of Carrier’s WHQ Engineering Strategy & Innovation organization, is seeking an associate director to lead an innovation & technology team focused on the development of new technologies for Carrier’s building security businesses. The Fire and Security Advanced Solutions team is an early stage technology group that delivers vetted technology options suited for product development to Carrier Fire & Security. The position will be located in Framingham, MA, USA.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The candidate will identify, evaluate, and mature technology readiness of cost-effective and robust components and solutions for building security businesses within the Fire and Security Products (FSP) unit. Technology areas to include access control policy management, frictionless/seamless access, intrusion sensing, sales and commissioning tools, protocol development, mesh networks, novel mechanical designs. The candidate will be a guiding member of the core corporate technology team who works closely with our business units, manufacturing support, and quality organizations.
The successful candidate will establish priorities, assemble teams, and lead projects that directly tie into new product development program launches by risk reducing technologies using the TRL process.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Strong technical, communication and organization skills and the ability to drive technology advancement and project execution.
- Experienced in applying design and manufacturing best practices in product development.
- Practical experience with security and access control systems.
- Experience with team building and estimation of development timelines and costs.
- Experience with developing multi-year technical roadmaps with links to business product development strategy. Development of Intellectual Property strategies.
- Ability to build strong networks and relationships with business units and external partners.
- Ability to work and prioritize multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel.
- Familiarity with Carrier Fire and Security Products business a plus.
- MS in Electrical or Systems Engineering with a focus on Security Systems: Access Control, Locks, Intrusion, Cyber Physical Systems with a minimum of 7 years’ experience or Ph.D. with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Framingham, Massachusetts
- Domestic relocation will be considered.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice