Sr. Electrical Design EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30047476 City Fairfax State Virginia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAV17: NOR Fairfax 2750 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax, VA, 22031 USA
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Flexible (Multiple company offices, Re-location assistance, and Remote work options available)
Travel Required: Yes, approximately 25% travel to visit customer facilities, attend meetings, etc.
NORESCO creates solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs, in many cases these design-build projects are self-funding through reduced energy, utility, or maintenance costs. These projects include low and medium voltage electrical distribution, renewable energy, power generation, central utility plants, battery storage, control systems, variable speed drives, microgrids and much more.
It takes a unique combination of curiosity, creativity, collaboration, and technical ability to identify and engineer these types of solutions. We are looking for talented engineers that enjoy participating and contributing in a team environment and have several positions available throughout the United States.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is a key position reporting to the Manager of Electrical Engineering and can include the option of managing and training direct reports and/or participating in our sales and development process. You will join a team of several dozen design engineers in an engineering-centric organization, NORESCO has over 150 in-house engineers from nearly every discipline.
Senior Electrical Engineers are important members of our project teams and are relied upon for strong technical leadership. Our project teams include representatives from multiple departments; Development, Analysis, Construction, M&V, Commissioning, and O&M. Senior Engineers are engaged with multiple projects from initial development through construction and into operations.
- Electrical engineering responsibility for a collaborative Design/Build process which leverages NORESCO technical expertise with external engineering, vendor, and subcontractor partners.
- Manage the electrical design and engineering process on assigned projects; Refine schedules, scopes, and budgets with project team, lead design review meetings & charrettes, track design submissions and customer approvals, ensure all elements of scope are accurately designed, documented, reviewed, and distributed to the project team for use during construction.
- Lead and manage the electrical engineering process during project development; Site investigations, data collection, preparation of conceptual design documents (i.e. schematics, equipment selections, preliminary drawings, scopes of work, specifications, etc.).
- Support project pricing effort in partnership with NORESCO Construction department; Final bid packages, subcontractor qualification, subcontractor bid-walks, use of third-party consultants, bid reviews, value engineering, evaluation of life cycle and long-term service agreements, etc.
- Support project team during construction, commissioning, and performance phases to resolve design issues, document as-built conditions, and ensure performance objectives are met.
- Manage, recruit, hire, train, and oversee development of entry and mid-level engineering staff.
- Support sales and development groups to prospect clients, audit customer facilities, participate in sales presentations, and develop technical write-ups for competitive proposal responses.
- Evaluate energy conservation measures through equipment or system modeling and analysis.
Required Experience, Education & Licensure:
- Minimum of 10-15 years related or relevant work experience (more is also welcome)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (multiple degrees welcome)
- Professional Engineer’s registration (or path to obtain one)
- High level communication, leadership, engineering, and project management skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, understands the importance of maintaining project schedules, resolving issues in a timely manner, and in consistently meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Graduate degree in engineering or business administration
- Advanced knowledge of one or more facets of electrical engineering; design principles, technologies, low and medium voltage distribution, system modeling, load calculations, short-circuit/arc-flash/coordination studies, equipment sizing, on-site power generation, power quality, SCADA and industrial control systems, applicable codes, design guides, and standards.
- Desire to build and maintain respectful and inclusive working relationships with individual project team members to foster an environment of cooperation and productivity.
- Robust combination of business acumen, risk management, and strategic thinking skills.
- Eligible to obtain federal security clearance
About NORESCO and the Engineering group:
NORESCO’s in-house engineering and technology experts work in partnership with customers to develop innovative and proven energy infrastructure solutions that enhance operating efficiency, reduce operating costs, and achieve environmental and regulatory compliance. Our customized solutions focus on customers’ unique needs and are technology driven.
Our Engineers provide the specialized skills and experience associated with designing, installing, and testing the electrical infrastructure required to support our projects. NORESCO is product, vendor, and technology agnostic - our diverse portfolio ranges from controls, automation, microgrids, energy storage, renewable and alternative power technologies, to cogeneration and central utility plants with gas turbines, diesel generators, chillers, boilers, compressed air, and high purity water systems.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice