Supply Chain ApprenticeBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30077214 City Devon State Devon Country United Kingdom
Location:TCUK Plymouth, Porsham Close, Belliver Industrial Estate, Plymouth, Devon PL6 7DB UK
Carrier is now recruiting a Supply Chain Apprentice to join our TCUK team based out of the Plymouth office.
The Carrier Apprenticeship Scheme is designed to provide committed individuals with the opportunity to develop their career with an industry leading, global organisation. As a Supply Chain Apprentice, you will be fully supported in undertaking a range of on the job and classroom based learning to become a Qualified Supply Chain Coordinator / Buyer.
Carrier will provide you with a solid foundation for a rewarding and lasting career. We believe that everyone working here has the potential to progress and you will be supported by our big commitment to your ongoing training and further development.
What do we offer?
- Excellent Apprenticeship salary and benefits
- A range of fully funded study options once you complete your Apprenticeship. This means you can choose the path that’s right for you, whether that’s further vocational training or academic degrees
- Apprentice events and awards ceremonies
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Weekly day release to a local college
- Benefits Central Platform hosting employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources
- Bravo Awards which recognise outstanding contributions from all employees and encourage excellence
What will you do?
- To undertake such sourcing, negotiation, supplier management and contract management work as is required by Purchasing Manager.
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business to gather information that will help categorise and consolidate our supplier base
- Be responsible for reviewing new vendor requests and performing supplier onboarding and due dilligence
- Assist in identifying cost saving initiatives
- You will also have the chance to visit suppliers and conduct supplier audits
What are we looking for?
- 3 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C / grade 4 and above, including Maths and English
- An enthusiastic candidate who is a good communicator, excellent team player and has initiative
- Someone who is highly organised with good time management
- Computer literate
- A willingness to attend college on a weekly basis, as agreed with your line manager and training provider
- A keen interest in supply chain/purchasing
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier are renowned for inventing and offering a comprehensive range of air conditioning and refrigeration system solutions for the home or office as well as for large commercial applications, including packaged rooftops, chillers, condensing units, dry coolers / air-cooled condensers and split DX systems. Carrier also manufactures complementary products: controls, fan coils, air handling units and packaged systems.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice