HVAC Direct Digital Control TechnicianBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30080090 City Remote City State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CACTO: Carrier-Home Connecticut Remote Location, Remote City, CT, 06032 USA
NORESCO helps customers create modern, sustainable, and healthy buildings, campuses, and communities while saving energy and water, and optimizing operational and capital budgets. NORESCO is also a leader in the effort to address the modern energy infrastructure challenges facing the nation and our world, including decarbonization, electrification, grid flexibility, sustainability, and resiliency. Through its projects, NORESCO has guaranteed more than $5 billion in energy and operating cost savings at more than 10,000 facilities throughout the U.S. and abroad, while reducing customer CO2 emissions by more than 25 million metric tons, equivalent to planting 1.4 million acres of forest.
NORESCO is a Carrier company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
OUR OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE (O&M) TEAM:
We have an immediate need for an O&M Direct Digital Control (DDC) Technician
About the role
NORESCO’s Operations and Maintenance Group is responsible for all of the contractual maintenance on equipment once an energy upgrade has been completed and installed on projects for Colleges, Universities, K-12 Schools, Hospitals, Correctional Facilities as well as State, Local, and Federal Government buildings.
- Adheres to all NORESCO and customer safety standards. Promotes safety awareness on work sites.
- Communicates with customers upon arrival and before leaving the facility. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customers representative to become familiar with the operation of the customer facility. Keeps customers informed of the nature of services to be provided while on-site.
- Communicates outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs as needed. Works with the service team to engineer and estimate solutions.
- Performs system maintenance in accordance with established service practices and direction, including field controllers, servers and workstations, and field hardware. Maintains feedback on equipment scheduling and modifications needed to their appointed supervisor.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional execution of time and customer satisfaction.
- Reports issues or changes to supervisor/manager immediately in accordance with company policy and practices.
- May provide training to customers on their specific control systems operations. Delivers documentation to the customer for training as needed or as contractual obligation requires.
- Completes certifications as required.
- Completes all job required documentation on time, including timesheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation, and project status reports in accordance with company policy as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Education & Licensure
- Diploma or degree from a recognized college or university in building HVAC with a focus on building automation controls (3- or 4-year program) or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the HVAC controls industry.
- The ability to pass a federal background check is required
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Must be able to work alone and communicate effectively with customers.
- Must have a good understanding of systems software to read, test, and have the ability to make changes to logic as needed.
- Able to download and troubleshoot basic HVAC system logic using Niagara, KMC controls, and associated software.
- Good understanding of troubleshooting methods and practices.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including wireless technologies.
- Able to read, understand and interpret Architectural, Mechanical, and Electrical drawings and specifications.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Windows products as required.
What Makes Us Unique
Our employees depend on each other and the diversity of perspectives, skills, and experience we have together to support our customers and our company. We strive to hire the best people and to provide an environment where those people can do their best work while having a tangible impact on energy conservation and slowing climate change. That is why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
Our culture is rooted in the core values of Carrier. These values define the way we do business and are your assurance of engineering and construction reliability, equipment performance, energy and operating cost savings, and complete satisfaction:
- Customer Care
- Employee Opportunity
Pay Range:$57,500 - $80,500 Annually
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice