Manufacturing EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30073081 City Collierville State Tennessee Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAT02: Carrier -Collierville, TN 97 South Byhalia Road, Collierville, TN, 38017 USA
CAT02: Carrier -Collierville, TN 97 South Byhalia Road, Collierville, TN, 38017 USA
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration solutions. Our organization is committed to being a leader in our industry. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to join us in this commitment, then we have an excellent opportunity for you. We seek a motivated, results-oriented individual to continue to raise our high bar in operations standards as a manufacturing engineer.
This position offers high visibility and an excellent pathway to future opportunities. The identified candidate will report directly to the manufacturing engineering manager.
- Work closely with production, manufacturing engineering, and maintenance to achieve operational goals. Activities involve troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems; research, development, design, testing, and building electromechanical systems and controls.
- Analyze and determine best equipment setup and process flow for maximizing processes of parts
- Implement process improvement/development utilizing lean principles
- Provide technical support involving the installation of new equipment, modification of existing equipment, repair and maintenance of equipment, as well as sustainability
- Perform problem-solving, troubleshooting, and relentless root cause analysis on all breakdowns to minimize downtime to back shops and assembly.
- Design and draft complete, legible, and accurate working drawings for existing and new systems.
- Utilize the Carrier Excellence (CX) operating system to propose and implement changes to existing processes to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls and creating cost-effective use of resources
- Knowledge of NEC Electrical Code, NFPA guidelines, OSHA Press safety, Safety PLC Standards (Class I Div III), etc.
- Proficient in various software applications including, but not limited to, the Microsoft programs, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Pro-E, Cad-key
- Fundamental troubleshooting skills involving electrical design and hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Excellent communication skills; candidate must be comfortable providing briefings at all levels of management.
- Ability to influence decisions downstream and upstream
- Solid understanding of lean principles to effectively create, implement and monitor process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Shift flexibility required
- Bachelor’s in related discipline required or Equivalent
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice