Senior Finance Analyst – FP&ABusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30067074 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN05: CCS-Charlotte, NC 5900 Northwoods Business Pkwy, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
In 1902, Willis Carrier solved one of mankind’s most elusive challenges by controlling the indoor environment through modern air conditioning. His invention enabled countless industries, promoting global productivity, health, and personal comfort.
Today, Carrier innovations are found across the globe and in virtually every facet of daily life. We create comfortable and productive environments, regardless of the climate. We safeguard the global food supply by preserving the quality and freshness of food and beverages. We ensure health and well-being by enabling the proper transport and delivery of vital medical supplies under exacting conditions. We provide solutions, services, and education to lead the green building movement. These mark just a handful of the ways that Carrier works to make the world a better place to live, work and play.
Each day, the team at Carrier is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges in heating and air conditioning. In order to continue to maintain our role as global leaders, we are always looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join us. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your finance career, then we have a great opportunity for you.
Automated Logic is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, the leading global provider of healthy, safe, and sustainable building, and cold chain solutions. ALC provides innovative building-management solutions that maximize energy efficiency and sustainable building operation while ensuring comfort. ALC’s intuitive products control and monitor building functions such as heating, air conditioning, and lighting for commercial office, education, health care, government, and data center markets through a global network of independent dealers and North American branch offices.
If you are looking for a role that combines your drive to succeed with a passion for driving financial results within high technology and growing business, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a high-energy, motivated financial specialist to support the forecasting and planning for the ALC Field.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Finance team with financial close, planning, and analytical support, reporting to the Sr Finance Manager. This role will work closely with a geographically dispersed North America field organization as well as Accounting to streamline processes and develop analytical tools for decision support across the organization. The selected candidate must be comfortable communicating to all levels of the organization and able to develop positive relationships to gather information and influence decision-making. This is a high visibility position with exposure to senior management by participating in business reviews.
- Assist in preparation and loading of monthly forecast and annual plan in HFM
- Provide financial analysis of sales, margin, productivity, and cash flow in a field-based business
- Prepare, distribute, and continuously improve financial reporting
- Develop/improve upon existing tools to assist with business analysis and decision making
- Responsible for weekly orders & monthly flash reporting
- Complete ad hoc projects as required to assist HQ management staff with strategic priorities
- BA/BS degree in Finance
- MBA is preferred
- 3 years experience in a financial analysis role
- Experience with monthly reporting metrics, data analysis, and data manipulation
- HVAC / construction industry knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work with, consolidate and present large amounts of data in easy to understand format
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access is preferred
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience in HFM & MS Dynamics or other project accounting systems is preferred
- Advanced-Data analytics (SQL, Power BI, etc) is preferred
- Proven capability to communicate professionally in written and verbal format
- Proven capability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal customers and a continuous improvement mindset is required.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice