Global Castings, Forgings, Machining Commodity ManagerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30081143 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN05: CCS-Charlotte, NC 5900 Northwoods Business Pkwy, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
Carrier Corporation is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your supply chain career, then we have a great opportunity for you! We are seeking a motivated, driven Castings, Forgings, and Machining Commodity Manager to contribute to our supply chain effectiveness.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Build upon current CFM strategy to account for unpredictable external environment with focus on assurance of supply and de-risking current state supply chain
- Responsible for overall relationship for multiple strategic suppliers (CEO for the commodity)
- Lead the commodity across NA, EMEA, and APAC with dotted line responsibility for those buyers in region responsible for execution
- Coordinate and drive specific performance improvement activities where required with the supplier quality team including relentless root cause analysis and error-proofing to mitigate current and future impacts to the business
- Lead in negotiating prices, assessing supplier capabilities, selecting new suppliers, narrowing supplier base, and working with suppliers to establish mutually beneficial relationships and improve their ability to provide quality, cost effective materials while minimizing inventory
- Ensures supplier or commodity team is performing to the designed Carrier requirements from delivery, quality and cost perspective
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or company policies, procedures, work rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS degree with 6+ years experience in supply chain, commodity management, CFM
- MBA preferred
Degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or Engineering preferred
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Cost reduction project leadership experience in a related environment preferred
- Technical acumen / understanding of the CFM space and ability to quickly learn products and industry
- Ability to work effectively with cross-cultural suppliers on technical and logistics issues
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- Team player and influencing skills required to establish and sustain a lean culture
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast moving and unstructured environment
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice