Accounting AnalystBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30070625 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN05: CCS-Charlotte, NC 5900 Northwoods Business Pkwy, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
In 1902, Willis Carrier solved one of mankind’s most elusive challenges by controlling the indoor environment through modern air conditioning. His invention enabled countless industries, promoting global productivity, health, and personal comfort.
Today, Carrier innovations are found across the globe and in virtually every facet of daily life. We create comfortable and productive environments, regardless of the climate. We safeguard the global food supply by preserving the quality and freshness of food and beverages. We ensure health and well-being by enabling the proper transport and delivery of vital medical supplies under exacting conditions. We provide solutions, services, and education to lead the green building movement. These mark just a handful of the ways that Carrier works to make the world a better place to live, work and play.
Each day, the team at Carrier is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges in heating and air conditioning. In order to continue to maintain our role as global leaders, we are always looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join us. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you.
This position is directly responsible for accounting support for the Carrier HVAC Commercial field locations which will be inclusive of all field-related accounting, analysis, and support and reports to the Carrier Commercial Services Accounting Manager. The positions will also interact directly with Carrier Commercial Services Teams including, Carrier Commercial Services Management and Field and HQ Finance teams.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your accounting career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, analytical, self-starter to contribute to our continued legacy of financial strength.
- Participate in the month-end closing process
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Provide accounting support to field organization
- Maintain accounting standard work documentation
- Perform cost accounting functions and associated entries necessary for proper revenue recognitions or deferrals
- Provide balance sheet fluctuation analysis
- Prepare financial data (including HFM supplemental data) for Corporate Reporting
- Maintain a strong internal controls environment
- Provide inputs into incentive calculations
- Special ad-hoc projects as assigned by Manager or Controller
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
- 1-3 years experience in Accounting or Finance with 1-2 years working in a services or manufacturing environment
- Adaptable to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy within a diverse organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present recommendations effectively to Management in both written form and orally
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, ERP Applications
- Strong attention to detail and delivering a quality work product on time
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice