Manufacturing/Sustaining EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30081996 City Beverly State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAM60: Sensitech, Inc 800 Cummings Center, Beverly, MA, 01915 USA
- Develops/maintains required tool fixtures, automation equipment, and automation lines to support the current production of all digital & manual products.
- Creates and supports the required processes and procedures to manufacture Sensitech’s electronic and manual products, including the development of manufacturing processes, testing procedures, operator instructions, and training. Supports and validates turn-key supplier manufacturing processes.
- Maintains applicable work, test, and process documentation. Performs sustaining engineering functions such as support recycle lines, automation lines and machines, fixtures, and molding machines if needed. Supports product development and recycling processes.
- Develops/maintains/approves performance measurements, metrics, product reliability/testing, and continuous improvement projects as assigned.
- Works with procurement in qualifying suppliers, defining special requirements, testing, and processes verification/ validation. Leads and coordinates continuous process /product improvement and cost reduction initiatives along with other tasks as assigned.
- Supports new product development process, new automation equipment specification/design/development/validation, and existing/released products support as required, with:
- Electronic component level troubleshooting and characterization capabilities down to the root cause, including resolving the issue by working with others as needed to do so.
- Test plan creation and fixture design.
- Electrical design, wiring, soldering, and troubleshooting.
- Using hand and electrical tools when fixtures are designed and made.
- Hand assembly and soldering rework skills in Surface Mount Technology.
- BOM/drawing creation, approvals, and maintenance.
- Mechanical design- SolidWorks, AutoCAD.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 3+ years of related work experience.
- Mechanical background or experience along with the electrical is needed as well.
- Background in electronics sustaining engineering and/or new development of automation or fixtures.
- Experience using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Familiarity with quality manufacturing process and volume production environments.
- Solid understanding of automation development. Ability to manual assemble an automation line from scratch along with design and wiring of electrical automation panels.
- The ability to analyze and troubleshoot electronic PCBA’s and system-level issues with wireless devices is a Plus. Solid soldering skills.
- Able to apply applicable technology to provide practical solutions while fostering innovation, problem-solving, and creative solutions in the disciplines specific to the Engineering Services function described herein.
- Previous ISO 9001 work environment experience.
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards.
- Attend a scheduled EH&S training program
- Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans.
- Recommend improved EH&S practices
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice