Mechanical EngineerBusiness Unit Carrier Job ID 30072984 City Athens State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG01: CTD-Athens, GA 700 Olympic Drive, Athens, GA, 30601 USA
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration solutions. Carrier Transicold helps improve the transport and shipping of temperature-controlled cargoes with a complete line of equipment and services for refrigerated transport and cold chain visibility. For more than 40 years, Carrier Transicold has been an industry leader, providing customers worldwide with the most advanced, energy-efficient, and environmentally sustainable container refrigeration systems and generator sets, direct-drive and diesel truck units, and trailer refrigeration systems.
Carrier Transicold is seeking a motivated Project Engineer to join the Athens, GA Truck/Trailer Product, Engineering team. In this role, the engineer will provide design and development engineering support to execute Cost Optimization projects for Truck, Trailer, APU, and Genset platforms.
- HVACR experience is preferred
- Experience with Value Engineering, Should Costing, Cost Reduction tools
- Experience working 3D design software (Creo, Solid Works)
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration principles and systems (preferred, not mandatory)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects/tasks on schedule
- Practical application of textbook knowledge required
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- Self-Motivated and energetic team player that can demonstrate adaptability and work with limited supervision
- Willingness to learn and develop technical and soft skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Minimal travel, less than 10%
- Assist with projects using Engineering Qualification Process, Cost Reduction Process, and the internal Quality Review Board (QRB) Process
- Engineering Lead for processing data responsible for project execution, factory support, and design changes. Working in a cross-functional environment includes communicating with other Engineers both at a factory and R&D levels, including new Product Development and working with Supply Chain and Suppliers.
- Apply knowledge of DFMEA or other robust engineering tools, tolerance analysis, simulation, and statistical methods to improve the robustness and quality of TRU and components.
- Assist with Engineering Qualification tasks on SCH B Cost Reduction Projects
- Assist with Drawing Update and Creation for SCH B Cost Reduction Projects
- Utilize Carrier Excellence (Carrier’s operating system) to streamline project deliverables using six sigma methodologies
- Work closely with business personnel to obtain information/data needed for project execution.
- Develop and manage Project Schedules including Qualification Testing Timelines, QRB Deliverables, and Supplier Tasks
- Prepare and present Project Updates to Engineering Team and Cross-Functional Groups.
- Conduct Technical Reviews with key experts
- Perform Data Analysis, Drawing/Model Review, and Cost Analysis
- Bachelors Degree (MET, ENS or Engineering equivalent discipline)
- 3 - 5 years working experience in a fast-paced engineering organization
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice